+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumping buckets into ibc tote.....

Quote Originally Posted by eustis22 View Post
    I use a little 1/10 HP Home Cheapo water pump (self priming) to lift from my buckets into my tote.
    Now why didn’t I think of that!
    2024 - Starting with the 25 then more late Feb.
    2023 - 25 taps on 11 trees to focus on the process. 9 Gallons and lots of sugar sand. 35 people over for breakfast in April
    2022 - 8 x 14 sugarhouse and a steam bottler. 50 buckets! 9 Gallons syrup and 4 pounds of sugar
    2021 - 20 x 30 divided pan on a Mason arch, 34 taps and 8 gallons for family and friends to judge. Dad hooked as well.
    2020 - 2 taps, 1/2 pint on a turkey fryer, About 3/4 pint syrup in two weeks - Proof of concept!

I had the same problem and came up with a funnel build out of a food grade 55 gallon barrel, some pvc,a few pvc fittings, a handful of SS bolts. I strap it to the IBC and run, works like a champ and can be put together in under an hour once you have the parts.

See attached pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

9ED1CD81-341C-40AD-8286-D233B5D510BA.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Producer View Post
    Hi how do you all dump buckets in a ibc tote? do you use a large funnel or do you just make a mess? I just got a tote for collecting and we have 250 taps with buckets so it can amount to a lot of waste due to the very small hole in the top! Or very very slow !!!
    See pic below and post

We still use a lot of buckets along road side and residences. To ease the handling of the buckets, not getting younger, I built this set up which has helped us immensely. With the 275 gallon tote located in the truck we simply place the 30 gallon blue barrel on the ground and pour our bucket into that. Once we are either one or if the barrel is full we turn on a Seaflo 1100 gph bilge pump which runs off of 12 volts which is wired from the truck to a box on the tote. The pump has a long enough cord and Tiger flex hose to reach from the barrel to the top of the tote also I can drop the pump into 55 food grade barrels which collect sap from lines. The time taken to pump off the 30 gallon barrel is about 7-10 minutes. I am currently altering the power box to accommodate another power source to a longer distance pump which can go out 25 feet from the truck. This will be used to reach a barrel which collects a line which has about 12 feet of head to push the sap. I will actually use the two pumps as a ladder into the truck which will cut down my time on a busy road.
    SapRaider.JPG
    2022 - 157 taps, 40 gallons of syrup
    2021 - 171 taps buckets and tubing, 41 gallons of syrup
    2020 - 225 taps bags and tubing, 45 gallons of syrup
    2019 - 180 taps buckets and bags, 50 gallons of syrup
    Lapierre 2x8 Vision with reverse flow, hood & preheater
    Leader Micro2 RO
    Lapierre 10" short bank press

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12