+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tapped in Hudson, NH

LMP check out Therobucket. Carl puts together some nice RO kits.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

Done in Hudson. Pulled most of my taps Yesterday. Trees still have more to give although starting to get cloudy on the warmer runs. Work picking up for me so got to know when to call it. Good season for me should hit 10 gallons after I can up what I have finished. All sap tested 2 or better all season. 56.5 hours of boiling this year. Definitely getting an RO next year, off to Bascom I go……Good luck and push it as long as u can.

19x48 mini pro oil fired, Nano R/O, CDL Vacuum Press,Mountain Maple Vacuum setup
    6x12 sugar house off back of shed
    2024-103 Taps Mostly Sugars, Dozen Reds
    "The days are long, but the years are short"

I just pulled mine this morning, should've pulled them yesterday as I got nothing overnight. Glad to hear you got 10 gallons, we'll clock in around 7-8 after boiling tomorrow. It'll be my first WFE but I can't keep it all chilled until the weekend with our forecasts. Have you thought about a home made RO or are you already eyeing one off the shelf?
    40-60 trees on buckets depending on the year. Block arch with a whole bunch of steam pans

Pulled my last taps on the cold side tonight, the sap was cloudy. I know that does not mean it was over but I am glad I called it when I did. I was able to use that sap in my pans. This will be the first year I am trying the let it sit cleaning method with sap left in the pans at the end of the season. We shall see. I figure a month then check on it.
    I am pretty handy but the prospect of building an RO does not interest me at all. I really like the Nano RO. I have heard nothing but good things about the R/O bucket and the support they offer. Selfishly I like the look of the nano better and dont really want another plastic bucket , could be talked into one though. I know they are cheaper.

19x48 mini pro oil fired, Nano R/O, CDL Vacuum Press,Mountain Maple Vacuum setup

Made 12.2 gallons this year. I am sold on tubing. Going to list the buckets in the classifieds soon. It was amazing to see the racing sap on one of my lines with a 30+ change in elevation from the top. Looking at a shurflo set-up for next year in one of my spots with little slope and 19 taps. Got my better half talked into an R/O. The 54 hours in the sugar house swayed her pocket book. Had a blast but was burned out by the end with all the hours after work. Probably go with the nano R/O. Anyone have any experience with the shurflo set-ups or Nano? I am going to buy the units as I am handy but don't have the time to build either one.

I have 3 or 4 ShurFlo setups I wont be using next year. I work here in Hudson near you, would be glad to sell you one of them. I have them in a black crate with the temperature switch. I use 12V Marine Deep Cycle battery to power them. If you have access to electricity where you plan to use it, just connect a 12v battery charger to the battery and connect the shurflo to the battery and they work great. I could sell you a battery, charger, and shurflo setup if it makes it easier on you. Send me a private message and we can work out a price.
    2022 4x40" RO, Welch 1397 Vac Pump, 3 Guzzler Pumps, Lapierre Releaser, 1100 taps
    2021 Twin Baby Boys, Close to 650 taps
    2020 Upgraded RO to 2 post and 7GBS Pump. 265 taps
    2019 Smoky Lake 2x6 raised flue, Autodraw system, Maple Jet Filter Press, a beautiful new bride to be my sugaring partner :-)
    2017 Expanded Sugar Shack, new 2x6 with float box, NEXTgen Maple RO, 250+ taps, still on sap sacks
    2016 Sugar Shack, 2x6 evaporator, 160 taps, all on Sap Sacks
    2014 110 taps
    2013 35 taps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12