+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tapping in nova scotia

Default tapping in nova scotia

haven't heard much from n.s.
    it looks like there is finally a break in the weather coming, that is according to accuweather. has anyone tapped yet ? I plowed out trails but with all the snow still on the ground from these last few storms it isn't that easy for us old guys like me to get around. slow and easy will get the job done, i'm going to start tapping tomorrow. looking forward to using my new evap.

nhdog

I was hesitating to tap this year since we had another really dry summer last year and assuming the % sugar will be quite low again. Hmmmm.....

Did you end up getting the Mason??

syrup by the sea
    i had planed on getting one from mason, but with all this crap about the virus i was afraid that i might not be able to get down to pick it up. i ended up ordering from lapierre's their 18x60 ''junior'' evap. right after i ordered it the dealer said they were coming out with their new vison and i could have the same pan set up and all for the same price so i took the vison. picked it up the first of sept. did some test boils to clean out the pans and am really pleased with it.

nhdog

That a sweet evap. Just looked at the youtube advert.

Temps. look good next week.

syrup by the sea
    yeah, it looks good. i am really pleased with how fast it came to a boil with my test boils. looking forward to start boiling sap.
    Attachment 22031

I got most of my taps in 2 weekends ago. Still waiting on fittings to finish out my last section. Stepped things up quite a bit this year with 360 taps on gravity soon far, another 100 more to do, and a CDL pro series 2*6 pan set.
    2019 season - 11 taps, 2.5 gallons
    2020 season - - 2x4 homemade oil tank arch, homemade raised flue, and syrup pans.
    130 taps, 15 gallons of syrup
    2021 CDL 2x6 pan set with real raised flues. Hoping to hit 400-500 taps on tubing

Tapped yesterday an today sap ran a little yesterday. Got my stove ready. Hoping to turn my Vacuun on tomorrow in the rain. Got 8 inches of snow in my woods yet.
    D&G 24x96 with 12 inch cook plate Drop Flue Evaporator, Home made Preheater & Hood. Home made Butter Machine. D&G 7" Short Filter Press. http://www.facebook.com/HillbillyMapleSyrup/ 300 Taps on Vacuum , 2016.

nhdog
    I bet you can't wait to spark that up.....what a nice looking unit.

Did any of you guys get much sap in the past week? I think I might give it a whirl in a few days after this next little cold snap.

Nice looking unit nhdog I’m jealous lol
    225 taps 180 on vac 45 on natural gravity lines.
    2x6 drop flue with auto draw.
    Home built 3 x400gpd ro
    2017 kubota M7060hdcc12
    2019 can am defender

2017- first year 80 taps 22x36 home made arch and pan.

I got about 125 gallons of sap from 360 taps on gravity over the last 3 days. Hopefully not a representation of what is to come.
    2019 season - 11 taps, 2.5 gallons
    2020 season - - 2x4 homemade oil tank arch, homemade raised flue, and syrup pans.
    130 taps, 15 gallons of syrup
    2021 CDL 2x6 pan set with real raised flues. Hoping to hit 400-500 taps on tubing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast