+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wash tank heater ideas?

Default Wash tank heater ideas?

At Lowes tonight on trip # 4,283 for some more plumbing fittings and I saw electrical elements for hot water heaters.
    I have a stainless pot with an extra 1" hole. Are these accurate with the temp control that comes with them? Any one have a good heater that can be adjusted to shut off at appropriate temp?
    Even a drop in will work. Just would like something I can set temp at and walk away if possible.

In my experience water heater thermostats at not very accurate. My last RO had a water heater element in it that was controlled by a pid and a relay. Also put a float switch in the tank. So it would turn off element if the tank got low.
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

I use one very much like this https://www.amazon.com/Happybuy-Prop...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    Just drain the unit when you leave. I drain mine by just shutting off the inlet source (a line from my permeate tank), open a drain valve for the cold water, and open the hot water valve, it drains completely. It give me all of the water I need, at up to just over 3 gpm and at 110 F with 35F water in. Fires on propane.
    When cleaning the RO, if I need to raise the temp faster than what the pump will do, I route the permeate, thru the heater and back to the wash tank.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread