+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What a great tool LINEVIPER!

Default What a great tool LINEVIPER!

Just purchased this tool seeing it looked to be designed just for installing fitting not to bash any other tools i never used or bought it just looked made for the task,boy does it work great as soon as i received it opened it to read directions and the number of the company was listed so i called it Lucas answered and we talked for a long time and ways to use it correctly lots of help and ideas this tool is for 3/16" tubing but it did work on some 5/16 i had that i was messing with,now i just ordered more 3/16 to extend and cover another bush i was thinking about tapping now with this tool easy one hand kinda I'm going for it what a great tool to repair mid span breaks by yourself with this tool just thought i would share my thoughts I love this tool the first time i used it I don't own any other tools for this so with the D&G 3/16 you can put fittings on with a warm thermos of water I'm only a small hobby operation 100 taps!maple tool.jpgmaple tool 3.jpgmaple tool 2.jpg
    2021 95 taps all on 3/16' natural gravity 2018 home built 4x40 RO 2017 1000 sap 15gal syrup 4 runs of 3/16 natural vac 1 of 5/16 2016 775gal of sap made 12gal syrup 2015 18.5 gal about 55 taps. Have the best wife! cub cadet volunteer 4x4 sap hauler

great tool...just over priced
    2022 - 303 taps
    2021 - 303 taps
    2020 - 106 taps
    2019 - 66 taps
    2018 - 40 taps
    homemade woodfired arch 2x3
    homemade RO
    homemade vacuum filter press

following this thread in 2 months to see what changes..............
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

I have used mine for 2 years and really like it. I have to take my lines down each year (400 taps) so I just put up new each time.
    Smoky Lake 2x6 dropflu pans and hoods on homemade arch
    Smoky Lake 6 gallon water jacked bottler
    Concentric Exhaust
    250 Deer Run RO
    325 taps

theyre pretty handy in a pinch. if i get to where i don't have spouts on already when tapping it actually makes a decent tapping hammer/spout install tool. i dont like it much for anything but spout install actually.
    i have had the jaw pass itself before and its a pain to get working again, but was probably operator error. you do need a good grip for it though, my dad has trouble with it especially in the hand he has some arthritis in.
    7000 taps on vacuum, just trying to get a little better every year.

I want to love it, but don't. I'm left-handed and just can't get comfortable with it.
    Maybe if they made a left-handed model?
    I have a Smokey Lake arch and evaporator...and filter box...and other stuff I'm sure, and I called up and asked them to make me a Murphy Cup with the handle on the other side for me. Sure enough, they were happy to and I love it.
    Hmmmm.......
    1980 - 6 taps, stone fire pit, drain pan evaporator, 1 pint of syrup
    2016 - 55 taps on 3/16 and gravity, new sugar shack, 2x3 Mason XL, 16 gallons of syrup
    2017 - 170 taps on 3/16, 2x4 Mason XL, NextGen RO. 50 gallons of syrup
    2018 - 250+ taps on gravity and buckets, 2x5 Smokey Lake arch and Beaverland pan.
    2019 - 250+ taps on gravity. A few buckets. 35 gallons of syrup.
    2020 - 300+ taps on gravity. 50 gallons of syrup.
    2021 - 280 taps on gravity and 40 buckets. 35 gallons of syrup.

+ Reply to Thread