+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekend Plans

Default Weekend Plans

Looks like next will be good sap weather. Anyone else plan to start tapping?
    2016- 7 taps w/ cement block arch
    2017- 41 taps w/ homemade oil barrel arch with a2x3 pan in a 8x8 shack
    2020- Got a 2x3 wfmason arch

Due to scheduling we tapped this past weekend. Looking at weatherunderground.com we are a week out from the start of good weather for sap running.
    2020 LaPierre Vision 18x48 raised flue. 150 taps
    Mountain Maple Vaccum pump controller
    2016 1st season! Mason 2x3 and 30 taps... time will tell!

I'm tapping Saturday, I thought it would hold out another week or two but lets get it!
    Tucker Adams

2022 - 105 Taps, 58 on buckets, 40 on shurflo, 5 on 3/16 gravity across southern Maine with primary bush in Norway. Aiming for 30 Gallons this Year.
    2021 - 64 Taps in Norway, ME (mostly on 3/16 tubing) - 16 gallons with a 225 gallon sap donation.
    2x4 AOF/AUF Oil Drum Evaporator with Badgerland Pan
    1/2 finished 12x16 Sugar Shack

I am tapping my property (~25 trees) today, then I'm out of town for week. Hope there's some sap when I return next Tuesday when it warms up! I'll be tapping my neighbors' properties the last weekend in February as temperatures permit. Need to line up the neighborhood kid-labor!
    2023 - 40-ish taps (25-30 “effective” ones), tapped mostly in New Year’s Eve. 5 gallons of syrup.
    2022 - 70 taps - 12 gallons of syrup
    2021 - 72 taps ~ 8 gallons of syrup
    2020 - 8 taps on droplines into buckets, stove top boil, < 1 gallon syrup

A neighborhood consortium of red maple trees, a renegade group of neighborhood kids emptying 5 gallon buckets, a homemade RO, a 3 pan cinderblock evaporator near the street, and 1 very patient wife

We'll be tapping at the end of the month. With the snow we have and more likely Friday, it will take at least 3 days of sunny near 40 degrees to wake up our trees. I don't think we'll miss anything next week. We never seem to reach the forecasted highs this time of year when we have good snowpack.
    305 taps on 2 Shurflo's, 31 taps on 3/16" and 229 taps on gravity. 565 in all
    Mountain Maple S3 controller for 145 of the vacuum taps
    2x6 Darveau Mystique Oil Fired Evaporator w/ Smoky Lake Simplicity Auto Draw
    Wesfab 7” filter press

I am holding out at least another week on our Lewiston taps. Just got those all changed over to check valves yesterday and scoped out some more runs to put in. Sumner drop lines are 1/4 changed. Hoping to get at that this weekend. But we are a few weeks out from tapping up there unless things really warm up.
    West Sumner Sugar House
    West Sumner, ME
    500 +/- Taps - 2 x 8 CDL Venturi - 3 Shurflo Solar Systems - MES Dolly 300
    https://www.facebook.com/WestSumnerSugarHouse

Just across the Maine border here, I'm planning to wait another week to start tapping as well. The forecasted highs never really seem to reach my woods, neither does the sun.
    6th season solo sugar maker in a young sugar bush of mostly red maples
    320 taps
    2x6 self built arch, Flat pans w/ dividers
    New 12x16 sugar house
    CDL hobby 250 RO

+ Reply to Thread