+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is not looking good

Looks like the warm weather is heading north next week at the mi/oh border. Big difference in the local TV weatherman's predictions. One is calling for highs for 2 days in the low to mid 70s. Most others have highs around 60. I' hoping for the later. 4 days of 60s isn't good either.
    Last edited by Ed R; 03-06-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Hey Ben,

Just seen your post, been busy so have not checked in a lot. February was a total wash for the first 24 days. Then I started getting runs. I took a chance and reamed my fall taps and they have done really well and supplemented my sap totals. This cold March weather has saved my butt as I have boiled every day of March and had a couple big runs. I wondered about you when the ice hit. we only got snow, but 15" of it. It's been a mud fest but no flooding. Looks like I have two more days of boiling then I am done. I'll drain and fisnish off my sweet Tuesday 3/9 and start flushing my 3/16 line with calcium hypochloride. Looks like I will finish pretty close to what I done last year, that's better than I thought I would do. Hope you get the woods cleaned up. Maybe I can find time and come for a visit this spring or summer.
    125-150 taps
    Smokey Lakes Full pint Hybrid pan
    Modified half pint arch
    Air over fire
    All 3/16 tubing
    Southern Ohio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123