+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nw wisconsin 2021

I plan to finish tapping my bags today. Got sap line tapped on Tuesday. Some sap, NW facing slope, looking forward to a season without knee deep snow, so far!
    10th year in….
    100 sap sacks...Actually, I hope to never have to use them again!
    1000' feet of 3/16th on gravity (not sure how many taps yet)
    14x14 sugar shack
    New 2x5 Hybrid Drop flue from Smoky Lake
    5" filter press from Daryl
    Sap Dog Chloe

so far its been a good start the snow took a beating from the rain and warm weather. have all of my 550 taps on tubing we have made almost 30 gals so far sap is a little lighter than most years running at 2% but the forecast looks great after today hope everyone is having a good year. I,m also looking for a good used evaporator for like 300 to 500 tap range I have an R/O so i think that would do the trick let me know if hear of of one thanks.
    Last edited by cedar syrups; 03-12-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Hanging in there. We still have snow this morning on the north facing slopes, some frost remaining, so with this current warm spell I am hoping for a second with, later this week. NOT GIVING UP!
    An old timer told me hang in there, you usually make more syrup in April than March...

A chance to clean up, repair, tweek, walk the woods and get limbs off of lines after the 40 mph winds yesterday! We will see what Thursday brings.
    Jeff Emerson
    www.emersonsmaplehill.com
    3x12 Leader with over air, custom piggyback, 600gph CDL RO
    2500 on 25" vacuum
    350 4 wheeler, 500 snowmobile, and 1950's Ford 600 tractor, Husqvarna! (261, 372xpBigBore, 562xp), Stihl MS193 for in tree work

It's Thursday and I'm still holding out for a couple of days. Last nite 28 it's 4 in the pm now sun trying to poke out. Temp all day at 32 degree mark. Tomorrow will tell. Anyone else out there holding out???? We have bottled approx. 55+ gals. Not the best year not the worst
    400 pails
    CDL RO machine
    2x8 stainless Dallaire evaporator, wood fired
    Filter press
    Polaris 6x6 & 4x4
    Allis Chalmers WD
    Allis Chalmers G
    Built new 24' x 40' shack in 2006
    http://www.blsugarbush.com

i,m holding out for this weekend there should be a couple of good runs in there . my syrup is darker this year, but looks good tastes fine sap is around 2% where last year it was more like 2.5 to 3% for most of the year, have almost 70 gals so far so yield is lower than normal hope we can get another 30 or so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123