+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Diaphragm Pump for filter presses

I imagine they would work fine as long as they have the sanoprene diaphragms. I just PM'd you the email address for the rep. I spoke to. He was very quick to repsond.
    305 taps on 2 Shurflo's, 31 taps on 3/16" and 229 taps on gravity. 565 in all
    Mountain Maple S3 controller for 145 of the vacuum taps
    2x6 Darveau Mystique Oil Fired Evaporator w/ Smoky Lake Simplicity Auto Draw
    Wesfab 7” filter press

so, what i am gathering from this, is i should save 200 odd bucks and just buy the pump.

I have used mine for a little over a year now and have had no problems. Sometimes I have to prime the pump and other times it takes care of itself. I have added a threeway at the outlet so I can transfer liquid without unhooking the filter press and triclsmp fittings at all outlets and the inlet. Cleaning is simple. CDL's has a built in pressure cutout that saved the diagram. It has replaced my barrel pump, filter pump and I use it to clean the preheater.
    Matt,
    Minehart Gap Maple

With my air diaphragm pump I listened for 1 season to the compressor. That next fall I added a shop, about 90' from the sugarhouse, I ran power from the sugarhouse (100A) to the new shop, and in the trench i berried a 3/4" tubing (black poly) to run air to the sugarhouse, noise issue solved and to shut off the compressor I just turn off the main breaker to the shop. Then if I go to wo9rk in the shop I turn the main breaker back on and the compressor off if I'm not using air. this has not proven to be an issue or inconvenience.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12