+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Diaphragm Pump for filter presses

I imagine they would work fine as long as they have the sanoprene diaphragms. I just PM'd you the email address for the rep. I spoke to. He was very quick to repsond.
    270 taps on 2 Shurflo's, 31 taps on 3/16" and 229 taps on gravity. 530 in all
    Mountain Maple S3 controller for 145 of the vacuum taps
    2x6 Darveau Mystique Oil Fired Evaporator w/ Smoky Lake Simplicity Auto Draw
    Wesfab 7” filter press
    IBC totes in the woods, 800 Gallon CDL bulk tank at the shack

so, what i am gathering from this, is i should save 200 odd bucks and just buy the pump.

I have used mine for a little over a year now and have had no problems. Sometimes I have to prime the pump and other times it takes care of itself. I have added a threeway at the outlet so I can transfer liquid without unhooking the filter press and triclsmp fittings at all outlets and the inlet. Cleaning is simple. CDL's has a built in pressure cutout that saved the diagram. It has replaced my barrel pump, filter pump and I use it to clean the preheater.
    Matt,
    Minehart Gap Maple

With my air diaphragm pump I listened for 1 season to the compressor. That next fall I added a shop, about 90' from the sugarhouse, I ran power from the sugarhouse (100A) to the new shop, and in the trench i berried a 3/4" tubing (black poly) to run air to the sugarhouse, noise issue solved and to shut off the compressor I just turn off the main breaker to the shop. Then if I go to wo9rk in the shop I turn the main breaker back on and the compressor off if I'm not using air. this has not proven to be an issue or inconvenience.
    Dave Klish about 400 taps, down from much more. Retired from collecting and boiling in 2021. Mostly because of a bad hip.
    2012 Mahindra 36 HP 4x4/ loader/cab/heat/AC:-)
    3x8 raised flue evaporator
    250 GPH converted to electric, RO by Ray Gingerich
    6.32 KW solar system, 1.48KW is battery backed up, all net metered

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12