+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any max-flue pan owners have a bubbler system?

Default Any max-flue pan owners have a bubbler system?

Thought I read once where a bubbler system could do damage with the cold air hitting the bottom of the flue pan having 11.5” deep flues? Just wanted to make sure before I got a system made for the pan,not worth the hassle of making lots of golden syrup if it will damage the pan
    7th generation maple producer in sugarhouse built in 1892
    2x World Champion Maple Syrup Producer
    1250 taps on cv adapters
    Leader Vortex 3x14 with Max Flue and Revolution Syrup Pan,Enhanced Steam Away
    www.leggettmaplesyrup.com

I've had a bubbler in a 5x10 max flue for 2 years now. Rxcellent results. No problems with pan
    shrunken producer, from 8,000 taps to 4,000 to 5800 to 9500 to 11,000 vac
    5x16 woodchip fired evaporator with 5x10 max flue and 5x6 revolution front pan
    CDL 20+ RO
    Double 10"filterpress

sp-11, bb2, airtech L63, L160, L230 vac pumps
    CDL low profile electric releaser
    MES 8000 electric releaser
    CDL 4000 tap mechanical releaser

I can't give you a answer now but am installing one this afternoon. Won't get to try it till it warms up some. But if you think about it the manifold is going to be super hot and should warm air not to mention as it goes down the tube it is going to be in boiling liquid before it exits so I can't belive it would be very cold.

Quote Originally Posted by upsmapleman View Post
    I can't give you a answer now but am installing one this afternoon. Won't get to try it till it warms up some. But if you think about it the manifold is going to be super hot and should warm air not to mention as it goes down the tube it is going to be in boiling liquid before it exits so I can't belive it would be very cold.
    Did you have a local shop build it? Having a hard time getting anyone to build me one. Government here handing out money for people not to work,so last shop I contacted took two months to tell me that they wouldn’t be able to make one before summer as they are short staffed. Maple company workers all went home due to pandemic,haven’t heard back from them either. A friend of mine is a great pipe fitter/ welder,but he won’t leave his house to get any material
    1250 taps on cv adapters

I did have a local shop build id. I checked this spring thru a dealer and they would only build it if I sent them my pans.(not happening) I have a guy who has built several stainless things for me so he did it. turned out really well. Had him make it all stainless. Had to buy 1/16th in colbalt bits to drill 1000 1/16th holes in stainless tubing. If I knew how I would post pics.

That’s exactly what the original maple company wanted to do. We sent them very detailed specs of the pan,then they proceeded to build a bubbler system 5’ wide for a 3’ wide pan. After their screw up dealer suggestion was to ship the pan to the shop where they could build it to fit. Said no way,took 8 people to carry the pan into the sugar house with woodshed empty,has never been empty since,and don’t want someone screwing around with the pan
    1250 taps on cv adapters

I still have my H20 Air-Injection System listed in the Classifieds if anyone is interested.
    Made for 2x4 Leader Patriot Raised Flue Pan and 2x2 Revolution Syrup Pan.
    Like new only used 1 season. It needs to be gone.
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

For what it's worth... they are fairly easy to build. as long as you don't mind soldering and drilling 1000 holes. i built one a few years ago for a 4' wide unit. took me a weekend to build but it worked great! i used a shop vac as my air source for 3 years... the current owner is still using it! I sold it with my old evaporator a few years ago.
    Awfully thankful for an understanding wife!

“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    - Vincent “Vince” Lombardi

Good luck to all!

Where did you get the materials? Tried finding them online and about all I found was Grainger had 1/2” x 10’ pipe,would need to be welded together as our flue pan is 10’ long plus the height to go up to the header pipe
    1250 taps on cv adapters

The shop that built mine gets their stainless from Jacob Schmidt & Sons stainlessdepot.com I know they usually try to order as much as possible as it gets cheaper the more you order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast