Hello all-

Been following along learning as much as possible from these boards the last few years, an incredible amount of knowledge and a great resource here! This will be our 4th year making syrup and enjoying it immensely with friends and family(especially my kiddos - 5 and 8 now)

We are at just shy of 300 taps for 2021 and looking to add a 2nd membrane for our homemade R/O. I think that our flows may be bare minimum with our current pumps, but wanted some feedback. We are feeding with a 1/2 HP shallow well pump to a 240GPM Procon series 5 on a 3/4HP motor. I do have a recirc loop that is piped in right after leaving the membrane back into before the High Pressure pump. There is no motor on the Recirc loop. I typically will run the unit around 225-235 PSI and achieve around 1.5 GPM output (.75 GPM permeate) with Recirc slightly open taking sap from 1.5 - 1.7 range to just shy 4.0 on the first pass.

My question is - will I be ok adding a 2nd membrane plumbed in series for this season? We are using a CDL membrane.

In the future I plan on switching around the pumps to a SS sprinkler pump for the feed, Goulds GBS multistage(maybe a 10GBS10 or larger) as the high pressure and then utilizing my current procon in the recirc line. I would then probably go to either 3 4x40's or a single 8". Unsure but that is where I am heading.

Attachment 21797Attachment 21798Attachment 21799Attachment 21800Attachment 21801