+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RO 10 bucket

Default RO 10 bucket

I just got an RO10,if I understand the flush you leave the permeate in the membranes when done with the Flush.How do you start up the next day,what do you do with the permeate that was left in the membranes overnight ?

Once you have rinsed the membranes you are ready to go. There is no need to worry about permeate left in inside overnight.
    60ish taps on buckets
    D&G Sportsman 18x63
    Turbo RB15 RO Bucket

Adding to this question.
    On Carl's videos and in the manual he says, If you're not going to use the RO for more than a day, run the membrane solution through it.
    My question is, What if you're going to use it within 24 hours? For example: If I run run 50 gallons through it on Monday, and know I'm going to run another 50 gallons through on Tuesday, how do I handle the RO in between times?
    Just run permeate through it on Monday when I'm done and leave it full?
    Leave it full of Monday's raw sap?
    Run membrane solution through it just like I would if I was leaving it for a week?
    Thanks

Always change out the prefilter and run permeate through the RO at the end of each use and leave the system full of permeate. It's fine to leave it like that for a few days. I leave mine in a cool (but not freezing) place. If a few days turns into a week, you should flush the system again with permeate or non-chlorinated well water to remove any bacterial buildup.
    60ish taps on buckets
    D&G Sportsman 18x63
    Turbo RB15 RO Bucket

+ Reply to Thread