+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12 volt pump system for barrels

Default 12 volt pump system for barrels

The 12 volt pump question thread was closed so I thought I would show a pump system that I use. The pumps are available on eBay for $25 and work well for years. Look for 12 volt submersible pump, water, diesel transfer pump. Get the 51 mm. size, it will pump 7 gallon per minute which is about house spigot rate.
    I clamp this to a 12 foot 5/8 or 3/4 clear vinyl house, run the hose and 12 v wires through a 4 foot 11/2 “ PVC pipe and tape the pump to the pipe. There is a strainer at the bottom of the pump which filters out debris. I also show my truck setup if that helps.
    Hope this helps the smaller sappers
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like your bed barrel carrier but how do you get the pump thru the ice when your barrel freezes?
    2024 - New Maine resident, 12X12 sugar shack under construction
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO

That pump a submersible well Pump? I hope so, the far cheaper ones for de-watering have an oil in the housing to lubricate them, even a slight leakage in the seals will ruin a lot of syrup.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I just use a metal rod to punch through ice than put the pump through the hole.

This is not a true submersible pump. Just a small 12 v motor and a propeller. No oil here.

+ Reply to Thread