+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dundee Ridge 2021

Default Dundee Ridge 2021

Wow, it's been awhile since anyone has posted in here.

We spent a lot of time in the woods this weekend. Some of our punchlist:

- Changing out seasonal taps for CV's on all our 3/16 lines. I am going with CVs as opposed to thorough line cleaning. I'll spend the extra money on taps as opposed to the effort of line cleaning and increased risk of rodent trouble.
    - We had some rerouting and repairs to do as well due to some wind damage over the summer. We lost maybe half a dozen taps.
    - Added a new run of 24. The new run is over 1000', and has about 350' of vertical drop down our hill.
    - Some minor reroutes to bring more of the taps directly to the sugar house and opposed to the remote tank that needs to be additional pumping and transport.

I turned my GPS tracker on for a lot of yesterday's work just to see how much hiking was involved. In about 4 hours I totaled over 3.5 miles and 800' of elevation gain in total.

We are thinking we will end up with close to 200 taps this year. 175 on 3/16 gravity vac and 25 on buckets.
    2x4 Smokey Lake Corsair
    Smokey Lake SSR Raised Flue Pans
    152 taps on 3/16 gravity
    25 buckets
    Goat, Pigs, Chickens

It will all start ramping up soon!

Have a great season!
    2022 4x40" RO, Welch 1397 Vac Pump, 3 Guzzler Pumps, Lapierre Releaser, 1100 taps
    2021 Twin Baby Boys, Close to 650 taps
    2020 Upgraded RO to 2 post and 7GBS Pump. 265 taps
    2019 Smoky Lake 2x6 raised flue, Autodraw system, Maple Jet Filter Press, a beautiful new bride to be my sugaring partner :-)
    2017 Expanded Sugar Shack, new 2x6 with float box, NEXTgen Maple RO, 250+ taps, still on sap sacks
    2016 Sugar Shack, 2x6 evaporator, 160 taps, all on Sap Sacks
    2014 110 taps
    2013 35 taps

Collected around 75-100 gallons between yesterday afternoon and this morning. My warmer lines were running well by sundown yesterday and the colder ones haven't shown a drop yet. A few gallons from the buckets. I am guessing I'll have enough to boil by Sunday evening looking at the Forecast.
    2x4 Smokey Lake Corsair
    Smokey Lake SSR Raised Flue Pans
    152 taps on 3/16 gravity
    25 buckets
    Goat, Pigs, Chickens

+ Reply to Thread