+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solar Setup

Harrisville, New Hampshire, United States

Default Solar Setup

Just picked up a Solar powered automatic double pump system from Dave at Mountain Maples.
    Main street system.jpg
    Two years boiling on a Leader half pint
    2011 100 buckets,12 gallons made
    2013 120 on tubeing 20 buckets 27 gallons made
    2014 Leader King 2 x 6 Working on 400 + on tubeing
    goal: 70 gallons

Does the system utilize batteries for when there's no sun? Also I assume it's for vacuum, does it run overnight when the temperatures are above freezing? Be sure to place the solar panel where it will get full sun and use wire between the panel(s) to the pumps heavy enough that the voltage loss is minimal.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Harrisville, New Hampshire, United States

Yes Dave, It is for vacuum. The unit should run for up to 3 days with no sun if the temp sap keeps running. It comes on at 35 degrees, and shuts down at 28 after purging the pumps . It can be adjusted as well. I will run it as 2 separate systems. 2 solar panels and charge controllers, 2 batteries, and the two pumps.
    Two years boiling on a Leader half pint
    2011 100 buckets,12 gallons made
    2013 120 on tubeing 20 buckets 27 gallons made
    2014 Leader King 2 x 6 Working on 400 + on tubeing
    goal: 70 gallons

I have a good amount of solar. Even with no sun, on most days you will still get some power, just not very much. In fact, on my 1480 watt battery backup portion of my solar, on a "super Moon" with snow on the ground I still got 50 watts after dark once. Rainy weather or snow on the panels will affect it the most.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread