+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Maple Seeds

Default Black Maple Seeds

I would like to plant a black maple or two on my property, but I can't get any nursery to ship one to me. None of the local nurseries have them, so I'm figuring that I'll start them from seeds. Does anyone have any black maple samaras (seeds) that they'd be willing to mail to me? I'm just looking for a few of them, so it could probably be dropped in a standard envelope and mailed to Michigan. I am not looking for sugar maples, I'm interesting in adding black maples only for variety.

Thanks,
    Ron

Ron,
    220 Maple here, 4 or 5 years ago Tim Wilmot came to my camp, the West Virginia Maple Producers Assoc. asked him to present info on 3/16 tubing systems, There is two trees located very near my sugar camp, one I was sure was a Black Maple, the other just a Sugar Maple, When Tim looked at them he corrected me, the one I thought was a Black Maple was a Sugar, the other one was a Black Maple, I based my choice on the Bark, Of coarse the one with all Black bark I assumed was the Black Maple, actually a better way to tell is the leaves, And Tim showed me the difference, I actually shot a short video on my I phone showing the difference, The good news for you is the Black Maple seeded this year and the Sugar did not, just PM me your address I will send you a few seeds.
    Mark 220 Maple
    1100 taps on low vaccum, 900 on gravity.
    900 plus taps leased and on high vacuum
    35 cfm Indiana Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
    80% Sugar, 20% Red MAPLES
    http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...Maple%20Syrup/

Thanks Mark! PM sent.

+ Reply to Thread