+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil suction lines

Default Oil suction lines

Hi all. i have a 76 Delaval vacuum pump. I took it apart and changed bearings, it sucks great but now I have air blowing out the oil lines to reclaimer. Did I do something wrong when I put it together again? Thanks Vernon

Has anyone had or heard of air blowing out of oil lines going to reclamer? Thanks Vernon

Found the problem, put a new gas motor on pump and was trying to match up pulleys, had the pump intake line open with no restriction, when I closed it off some, the oil was going through fine. Sometimes the toughest problems is over thinking. I told my wife what it was doing and she said it could be the motor..... a light lit up in my head just like that. Vernon

Good find. I often get puzzled with problems and try to think up all sort of reasons, then when I figure it out I don't see why it was not immediately obvious.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Yes, seems to be the norm, also some stuff is way harder at 72?

+ Reply to Thread