+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mobile Sugarhouse?

Default Mobile Sugarhouse?

I'm interested in building a mobile sugarhouse this year on a trailer bed and am wondering if anyone else has done this? I'd like to have an indoor space to house my hobby-sized evaporator and can function as a comfortable small space for working around the evaporator but can also be moved with a large truck (almost like a tiny house, but not quite as big and heavy).

Thanks!

The VVS maple program in Verona, NY has one. I'm not sure what happened with it after Keith, the FFA advisor retired. They used to take it to do school demonstrations, including schools in and around NYC.
    After Keith retired the new FFA advisor declined doing a maple program. Theirs was in a fully functional enclosed trailer. I suspect all 4 corners on the trailer had leveling jacks. I was never in the trailer but I think the evaporator in it was on the smaller side.
    Maybe someone who is more familiar with it will chime in.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

theres a guy on one of the facebook maple pages who I think is from NY, he built a mobile sugarhouse, he used a small trailer frame and built a shed on it, came out great !

+ Reply to Thread