+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A&A Metal Shop in PA - out of businesses or open?

Default A&A Metal Shop in PA - out of businesses or open?

Hello All -

Weird question - but does anyone know if A&A Metal Shop in Ulysses, PA is still open/in business? I was looking for a new steam hood back in april/may and a lot of guys on here had some good success with this shop and low prices. So i called back in May/June and talked to the owner a good bit and got pricing. I sent in a check a few weeks ago for the steam hood and was going to call and verify they received it and an ETA on delivery for this fall. Looks like they vanished from Facebook and the web....and I no longer have the phone number.

Just curious - anyone have that or know what happened? Just trying to make sure before i cancel the check and start looking elsewhere....

AAPriceList1.jpgAAPriceList2.jpg Someone just posted this the other day
    '12 15 jugs - Steam pans
    '17 125 3/16 - 18" x 72" drop flue on homemade arch
    '18 240 3/16 - Deer Run 125
    '19 450 3/16 - Converted RO to electric/added a membrane
    '20 600 3/16 - Maple Pro 2x6 Raised Flue, added AOF/AUF
    '21 570 3/16 - Built steam hood, Smoky Lake filter press
    '22 800 3/16 - Upgraded RO to 4 4x40
    '23 500 3/16 - Re-plumbed RO, new "Guzzler"
    '24 500 3/16 - Steam Away, DIY 8x40 RO

I just talked to Dan, the owner a few days ago and set up a day to pick up the tanks I ordered this spring. I think I remember seeing something posted on their FB page about them making some kind of changes, but it was for something this fall. Maybe it was their location. I can't exactly remember. Honestly, I forgot about it because he called me shortly after I read it.

Here is the number I've left messages at and he called me back from on 8/1: 814-848-0128. It can sometimes take a couple days, but he has always called me back.

Sean
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    www.facebook.com/woodvillemaples
    Around 300 taps on tubing, 25+ on buckets if I put them out
    Mix of natural and mechanical vac, S3 Controller from Mountain Maple
    2x6 W.F. Mason with Phaneuf pans
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350
    6+ hives of bees (if they make it through the winters)
    Keeping the day job until I can start living the dream.

I should add that I think he has a ton of work. The very first time I talked to him in May just to get pricing, he was looking at having things done in July. A couple weeks later when I was finalizing things, he was already looking at September. He's doing me a solid by having the tanks ready later this month.

I didn't hear anything back either when I sent the check out. Out of curiosity I just went back to see when he cashed it. It was shortly after he got it. Before you give up and cancel the check, see if he's deposited it and reach him by phone. He's probably got you lined up, but just has a lot of orders (like mine) ahead of you.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350

I just got a call from Dan Miller of all people. Weird that he happened to call today when this came up. It's happened before where he has called me a second time within a few days. He gets some messages from the house phone, but also gets messages from the guy who manages his FB page. He calls them all back just to be sure he didn't miss one.

I mentioned the worry about him closing and he said they are definitely NOT closing down. They are scaling back some of their advertising because he's getting so much work. He also said that the changes happening this fall is that he's making one of his workers a partner in the operation. Other than that, everything is staying the same. He asked that I let everyone know they are still going strong.
    Woodville Maples
    www.woodvillemaples.com
    Deer Run 250 RO
    Ford F350

+ Reply to Thread