+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the new Lapierre Vision evaporator?

Default lapierre vision

Maritimer, I'm over on the South Shore and I ordered Lapierre's "Jr" from Kevin as soon as the spring sale started. Right after that, he contacted me about them coming out with the Vision and said i could have it, with the same pans, for the same sale price. I picked it up on first of Sept. While it's a lot smaller than yours, it's a great little unit for the smaller guys.
    For those who haven't yet seen the Vision, I have an 18x60 Vision with the 2 float boxes. The sap pan is 18x44 with 2 channels and five 5-inch raised flues. The syrup pan is 18x16 with 3 channels. The sap is fed into the front channel and syrup is drawn from the back channel, next to the sap pan. I've heard that these pans are now an option at an additional cost. The door with the window is fully insulated and the rails come with rail gaskets installed. It came with all the external valves and extra set of gaskets for the float box and the pipe connector clamps.
    I also got the insulation package for the sale price because those materials are not available around here. It came with 12 ft. heavy-gauge stainless smoke pipe, all the board and blanket insulation, the 1/2 size fire bricks, and cement. All of this was more than enough to do the job with extra left over.
    AImg_3836.jpg AImg_3837.jpg AImg_3838.jpg AImg_3839.jpg AImg_3840.jpg

This hobby has literally exploded recently and the new evaporators are like custom show cars. That unit is spectacular!

Looking good, nhdog.

Yes, those pans were an option on the 18x60 when I looked about a month or so ago. Those pans are however standard on the new 2x6 Vision which is what I purchased... Won't have til after Christmas tho.

The pictures are great. Thanks for posting!
    Sunrise 2X4 Hobby
    Smoky Lake Hybrid Pan

100 Taps

40 Taps

I've been test boiling my 18"x48" raised flue pan and front pan. It is pretty amazing how quickly it comes to boil without forced air. It is a steady 12gph of boiling straight water not drawing any off. I suspect it will be a little higher with sap and drawing off syrup.
    2020 LaPierre Vision 18x48 raised flue. 150 taps
    Mountain Maple Vaccum pump controller
    2016 1st season! Mason 2x3 and 30 taps... time will tell!

That's a nice looking unit! Now go get it dirty.
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

My 2x6 Vision will be here next week. How was it to brick? Was told they don’t sell precuts. And I’m NO mason, that’s for sure .. interesting how they went full round Stack all the way to the arch. Something to do with the natural draft maybe?

It comes with some straight forward engineering drawings showing the brick layout and cut measurements. You’ll definitely need a tile wet saw to get decent cuts.
    2020 LaPierre Vision 18x48 raised flue. 150 taps
    Mountain Maple Vaccum pump controller
    2016 1st season! Mason 2x3 and 30 taps... time will tell!

Would it be possible to brick the 2x6 Vision without cementing the bricks in place? I need to move the stove after this season and it would be much easier if I could easily remove the bricks and then cement them in place after the move. Thoughts?

you can brick it and not mortar it in. many people don't sue mortar, but it is nice to have once you have it where it's going to stay. Bricking is pretty simple. you can use a masonry blade on a chop saw and get the job done easily. or you can rent a wet saw which will work a little better. if mortaring it in place, i would cut all the pieces and put them in place dry, then label them with a Sharpie so you know how to put hem back in. leave 1/4" or so from your last brick to the top rail for expansion and the mortar between bricks.
    Awfully thankful for an understanding wife!

“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    - Vincent “Vince” Lombardi

Good luck to all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast