+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the new Lapierre Vision evaporator?

i just got my lappierre 18 by 60 vision set up and ready to go except for setting up the head tank. i'll be feeding the sap float box thru a 1'' line. what would be the best height should the head tank be above the sap float box inlet for proper operation ?

i got to say they sure made a great little unit. well built ,very heavily put together, all one big heavy frame, front to back. i really like the way they take the draw off from the hot channel of the syrup pan, not in front of the door. i haven't decided yet until i fire it up, about the one door for loading fire box and the ash pan, also the fire box is larger than normal i think.

As long as the bottom of the tank is above the float box inlet, you should be fine...gravity will take care of the rest.

If you have the height, you may consider placing it 2 feet, or so, above the flue pan so you could feed a pre-heater housed inside a steam hood.
    You'll reap huge rewards in gph with those two items.
    Enjoy your new toy - sounds like a really nice rig!
    John Allin

14x18 Hemlock Timber Frame Sugar House 2009
    Leader 2x6 w/Patriot Raised Flue Pan 2009
    Leader Steam Hood 2014 - Clear Filter Press 2015
    Leader Revolution Pan and SS Pre-Heater 2016
    CDL Hobby RO & Air Tech L25 Hi Vac Pump 2019
    06' Gator HPX to collect wood & sap
    14' Ski-Doo Tundra for winter work in the woods
    Great Family 3 grown kids+spouses and 7 grand kids who like the woods
    7th Gen Born in Canada - Raised in Chardon Ohio - Maple Capital of the World..<grin>.

I put a deposit down on the new Vision 18x60. My dealer had that one and the 2x6 Vision in stock so I had a good look at them both.

The 18x36 comes with the new flue pan (I think). It's one piece, flues are only about 1.5 inches in height and triangular in shape, and comes with one float for sap. Was told it could boil up to 20 GpH, but that's tested numbers not real world.

The 2x6 comes with the traditional flued pan, and separate finishing pan and two floats for sap and syrup. Was told it could get upwards of 28GpH... Tested numbers.

Good looking units, great quality and some nice touches. Pan is sealed/insulated to arch - I heard this was an issue in the past. Glass window with vent so you can see the fire and it has a vent behind the firebox that draws air so no need for a fan. And the new units use less firebrick.

We'll see !

I'll report back when the season is well underway.

folks getting the new vision want perhaps to look where they are setting their units up if you have a wooden floor. unlike most other other units vision have no legs ,which i really like (only the short adjusting bolts) makes much more stable, but the bottom of the ash pan sets with in a inch or so from the floor. ash build up will insulate some i suspect, i feel i'm safe with my pad set up, but i used the left over insulation board to line the bottom of the ash pit, then covered that with left over fire brick so it wouldn't get torn up when cleaning out.

Quick update... I opted for the 2x6 Vision instead. Several reasons, cost to upgrade to larger arch was minimal but the pan options for the 2x6 were just that much better.

You're right nhdog re no legs at the front of the arch. So yeah, on a combustible floor you'll need some protection.

maplelane1
    I'm wondering about your pans... when i ordered mine back in mid-may they were just coming out with the new vision and only said there would be coming out with options and nothing more. i was one of the first ones to order according to the dealer. i got the 2 regular pans: the18x44 sap pan with 2 channels and the 7 raised flues. the syrup pan is 18x16 with 3 channels and the draw off is the channel closest to the sap pan and of course the 2 float boxes.

what are you getting for pans? when do you expect delivery?

nhdog...

Sorry if I wasn't clear... I originally put down a deposit on the new Vision 18x60. It had a single pan for both sap and syrup, all one piece, and a single sap float. Is not a true flue pan set up.

After reading more, I waned to the two piece flue pan set up you're referencing, with two floats etc. I was told yes, I could order that for the 18x60 and the additional cost was $xxxx.xx dollars ! That said, the 2x6 Vision arch was only a couple hundred more than the 18x60 so jumping up to the 2x6 with the pans I wanted was a no brainer for me.

Funny you ask delivery...I never talked to my dealer about that specifically but all our conversations about the evaporator, my sugar house, buckets, lines etc. were predicated on boiling this spring. I'm gonna ask that specific question because we're busting our buts to build the sugar house etc. etc.

maplelane 1
    i had ordered originally, the 16 x60 junior back in the first of march, which at that time come with the 2 pan ,2 float boxes etc. latter on the dealer emailed say they were coming out with something called the vision. i called him, but he didn't have very much info at the time but gave me what he had and it sounded pretty good. then he told me if i wanted i could have the vision for the same price, with the same pan set up and all. like i said i was one of the very first to order one so i guess i got in early before they made price changes and had a chance to figure out what they were going to do with the new models.
    i just finished my new little 12x18 sugar house and working alone took most all summer.

Yeah, it sounds like you got in when the getting was good !

The pricing of the two (18x60 and 2x6) now are such that it makes sense to go with the 2x6, unless you're not fussy about pans and floats etc.

Need to finish my sugar house by Christmas...Because January and February are set aside for cutting firewood !

Hey guy's, I just got on this site for the first time in a while, I seen there was some conversation on the new vision evaporator. I ordered one this spring, Just arrived today. It a 2 1/2 x 10 . I dont know anything about them yet, but kevin sold me one for a bit less than the contemporary ones. These are supposed to be a new build surpassing the old generation. These are air tight and take the air from the rear. Im extremely excited to get it set up and running. So this season, i will run it without the hood and pre heater, next year i will get a hood for it.
    Last edited by Maritimer; 12-03-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    600 trees on line
    new LaPierre vision 2 1/2x10 evaporator
    Kubota L5450 wood gatherer
    450 Rhyno gopher
    8 Antique tractors
    One very very understanding wife

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast