+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New membranes

Default New membranes

While in season I detected no sugar passage in my permeate, I decided about 2 mos. later that some had passed. I save my permeate for filling my sprayer for spraying my blueberries. In years past the permeate has gotten very slightly cloudy after 2-2.5 months, but this year I found a heavy black cloud growing in it as early as May 25. I then decided it was time to buy the membranes others wrote about.
    I ordered a pair of MES 4x40 membranes yesterday. Their web site showed them as on back order, but I was surprised to have them delivered today. That is super service for sure, about 27 hrs from placing the order to delivery. I hope they perform as well as others have said. My old membranes were the originals from 2012 (used 9 seasons).
    It will be exciting to get familiar with these new MES membranes.
    I will save the old ones for emergency use.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Dave, That is very impressive service. Are they located close to you?
    2004 - 2012 2x3 flat pan 25 to 60 taps
    2012 2x3 new divided pan w/draw off 55 taps
    2018 - didn't boil surgery - bought new evaporator
    2019 new SML 2x4 raised flue high output evap. 65 taps
    made 17 gal. syrup
    2020 - only put out 53 taps - made 16.25 ga.l syrup
    2021 - Didn't work out
    2022 - 25 taps on bags / 8 taps on 3/16's line - late start

Dave, i've been nothing but impressed with MES service and quality, i have a MES vacuum pump and ordered an electric extractor for the upcoming season, plus ss fittings. hope they work out well for you.
    hoping to try out a set of their membranes too, i think the H2O ones we have been running have about had it.
    Pdiamond- MES is about a 6-8 hour drive from Dave, i live not too far from him. (theyre in NH and we're in CNY)
    7000 taps on vacuum, just trying to get a little better every year.

My mistake, the order I placed 27 hrs earlier was a different order, sorry. I checked a short while ago, I actually placed the MES order Monday, at 4:03 pm. MES is in New Hampshire, I'm in central NY so it actually took 46 hrs not 27. Sorry for the mistake, but that's still very good for an item that was listed as back ordered. I just hope to be as impressed with the new membranes as I am with the shipping time. Now I can't wait for the 2021 season.
    Last edited by maple flats; 08-13-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I think you will be very happy with them. I’ve used them for 3 seasons and have nothing but good things to say about their membranes. I’ve also been very happy with the service MES has provided me.
    Maple Rock Farm
    www.Maplerockfarm.ca
    400 taps on Vacuum
    18”x60” Lapierre propane evaporator with Smokey Lake auto draw off
    Homemade 3 post RO with MES membranes
    Ford TS110 tractor sap hauler

Thanks Clinkis, that's what I've heard from everyone who has used them. Exactly why I chose MES.

+ Reply to Thread