+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ladder help!

After looking at the video I thought there had to be options. The CDL catalog gave no indication.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Quote Originally Posted by maple flats View Post
    After looking at the video I thought there had to be options. The CDL catalog gave no indication.
    check with your local dealer and tech support will be the one that adjusts the components to make it fit your situation.
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

This is indeed a game changer. I'm working on expanding into an area on my neighbors' land and on federal land (trying to get permit) and the ideal collection point is just slightly higher in elevation than my sugarhouse and about 1200' away. I have a sap lifter that I was thinking of shifting over to that area but this may be a much better solution.
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

Hey I've been away for awhile, but this could be an even big game changer for not just lifting sap. If these can be sized correctly, then if someone has a remote woods with no power, then this can take them away from the mechanical releaser woes.
    You could have your gas engine vacuum pump, but use this thing as an extractor, vs. a lifter. You would just be pumping into your collection tank.
    Jake Moser
    Moser's Maple

2 beautiful little girls
    1 wife that's become her mother

www.facebook.com/mosersmaple

Quote Originally Posted by Moser's Maple View Post
    Hey I've been away for awhile, but this could be an even big game changer for not just lifting sap. If these can be sized correctly, then if someone has a remote woods with no power, then this can take them away from the mechanical releaser woes.
    You could have your gas engine vacuum pump, but use this thing as an extractor, vs. a lifter. You would just be pumping into your collection tank.
    Given that this is marketed as a "lift system" and not an extractor, it may not work in the application you describe. A 12v deep well pump powered by a couple batteries and charged with a solar panel is likely not enough to allow this system to function as a full time extractor. My hunch is that vacuum is required on the sap lift line and the pump merely helps the sap along. So an extractor is still required to make the system function.

That said, I could be wrong and a 12V system could be used as an extractor in the right situation.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO

this is a combination of all but has to have a vaccum pump somewhere. it will collect lines and transfer to another point the 12v pump will assist the vaccum that already exists
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    this is a combination of all but has to have a vaccum pump somewhere. it will collect lines and transfer to another point the 12v pump will assist the vaccum that already exists
    So if I'm reading you correctly this system will not function as an extractor/releaser as there needs to be vacuum on the pump out/lift line. In other words, the pump out/lift line needs to be connected to an extractor/releaser. Right?
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO

You won't get 60 ft of lift off your vacuum, at least when your ladders are saturated. Each inch of vacuum, measured in Hg, is about a foot of sap. So you can't lift more than 30 ft of sap in ideal conditions. I have a vacuum guage on each side of a ladder and can see the difference when the sap is running. The difference moderates when the run slows and vacuum can slip by.
    Ken & Sherry
    Williston, VT
    16x34 Sugarhouse
    1,500 taps on high vacuum, Electric Releaser & CDL Sap Lifter
    Wood-Fired Leader 30"x10' Vortex Arch & Max Raised Flue with Rev Syrup Pan & CDL1200 RO
    https://www.facebook.com/pumpkinhillmaple/

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralStark View Post
    So if I'm reading you correctly this system will not function as an extractor/releaser as there needs to be vacuum on the pump out/lift line. In other words, the pump out/lift line needs to be connected to an extractor/releaser. Right?
    this is designed to pull sap from a low spot to the rest of your woods within your system-its not an end point/extractor/seperator
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12