+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Bender Releaser and Vacuum setup

Default My Bender Releaser and Vacuum setup

So I recently ran 1200ft of 3/4" mainline on my property. This will support approx 150-175 taps from Silvers and Reds.

The past few seasons Ive been running Shurflo setups and the trees that the new setup is made for just did not give me a lot of sap and I had many issues with the Shurflo running and leaks and losing vac etc...so I decided to go much bigger this off season.

I bought a 12CFM 2 stage Rotary Vane pump on Amazon. I know this is a bit overpowered, but with the vacuum leaks I know I was going to have on the Bender I decided more was better. When I initially tested it the past few nights I was not getting the check valves to seal. I believe its because of the style I am using. I am going to order 2 swing valve style as opposed to the cup style ones I am using now. I am also going to properly plumb them in using sched 40 PVC from the mainline into the top side port that you see the water going into now.

Video for your viewing pleasure.

All comments appreciated!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXgjSfeSp1s
    2022 4x40" RO, Welch 1397 Vac Pump, 3 Guzzler Pumps, Lapierre Releaser, 1100 taps
    2021 Twin Baby Boys, Close to 650 taps
    2020 Upgraded RO to 2 post and 7GBS Pump. 265 taps
    2019 Smoky Lake 2x6 raised flue, Autodraw system, Maple Jet Filter Press, a beautiful new bride to be my sugaring partner :-)
    2017 Expanded Sugar Shack, new 2x6 with float box, NEXTgen Maple RO, 250+ taps, still on sap sacks
    2016 Sugar Shack, 2x6 evaporator, 160 taps, all on Sap Sacks
    2014 110 taps
    2013 35 taps

Are you losing vacuum when the releaser dumps? do you have a check valve on the sap line? i would like to see how a vacuum gauge reacts. thanks,Scott

I don't see a vacuum gauge, unless I missed it, you should add one. They can help you find when you need to fix leaks and they can also help you determine when you have other problems. While a glycerine or oil filled gauges will set you back about $15-25+, a non filled is generally $5-10 depending where you get it. If the budget allows the filled gauge will give you a much steadier reading but in reality, either will work.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I actually have gauges at the end of the mainline and the mainline branches. I plan to have one in the pump box as well but I'm not sure if it should be between the releaser and the pump or between the releaser and the mainline? I assume I will lose some vac once it releases but I have the swing style check valves on order, I plan to put one on the mainline and one on the dump port, and theoretically they will close shut once it dumps so my mainline will retain its vacuum pretty well until the valve opens again. I know when I shut it off now I can hear the pressure releasing from the main line as it retains normal pressure.
    Last edited by SmellsLikeSyrupNH; 07-18-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    2022 4x40" RO, Welch 1397 Vac Pump, 3 Guzzler Pumps, Lapierre Releaser, 1100 taps
    2021 Twin Baby Boys, Close to 650 taps
    2020 Upgraded RO to 2 post and 7GBS Pump. 265 taps
    2019 Smoky Lake 2x6 raised flue, Autodraw system, Maple Jet Filter Press, a beautiful new bride to be my sugaring partner :-)
    2017 Expanded Sugar Shack, new 2x6 with float box, NEXTgen Maple RO, 250+ taps, still on sap sacks
    2016 Sugar Shack, 2x6 evaporator, 160 taps, all on Sap Sacks
    2014 110 taps
    2013 35 taps

I have one on my moisture trap and another on the releaser. I get 1" higher on the moisture trap, the releaser shows 26-27", anytime it drops below 25" I check for leaks, if I'm on top of everything, I check on 25". I am at 460' above sea level.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread