+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Induction sealing glass bottles

Default Induction sealing glass bottles

I was visiting a friend of mine that is a beekeeper and he was showing me his bottling setup for honey.
    I was curious on how it get a proper seal because honey is not hot packed. It’s slightly warmed up to 36degrees C to make it more viscous. But that’s it.
    He showed me his induction sealer. I was astonished.
    It seals a plastic jug with a plastic cap without melting the plastic. Seals a little metal disk right to the top.
    My mind was blown. I open a million bottles of various things every year that are sealed like this. And never thought how it was done.
    I’ve been struggling with the glass gallone bottles I bought 2 skids of from CDL for the past 2 years. It’s not the bottle it’s the cap that is the problem. CDL replaced all my caps the first year with brown ones. They kinda worked better. Then this year gave me white ones that apparently had a different foam in them. They actually were the worst. Popped off when tipping Them on side after maybe 1 minute.
    Drives me nuts. I’ve never had 1 spoil on me. But air bubbles in the syrup don’t look good. And not knowing a perfect seal is made
    My question is. Could I use induction caps on glass bottles? Somebody must of tried it.
    My bottles use 31.5pp caps.
    600 taps on vacuum
    Lapierre mechanical Releaser
    CDL electric releaser
    2.5 x 10 CDL Venturi ( new for the 2024 season )
    Home made modulating auto draw off
    Homemade RO 2 x 4" membranes
    CDL 16 x 16 bottler
    Wesfab 7" filter press
    Delaval 73 vacuum pumps

12 hives of bees

Not sure on the glass but I have been using induction sealing on my sugarhill plastic jugs for about 5 years. Always seals and the seal can be checked without breaking the "tamperproof". Love the way it works. Lids are a couple cents more apiece

Thompson, which induction sealer do you use? I very rarely have any issue sealing jugs, but over the years some caps that came with lots of glass I have gotten had seal issues. I might get one and use it on everything just to be sure. Also, do you also need to use their caps or do you add the induction seal in the original cap and seal it?
    Last edited by maple flats; 05-26-2020 at 09:08 AM.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Dave,
    My machine is called Electromag Netism Induction sealing machine. I have only used it on my plastic sugarhill jugs. I buy the caps with the seals right from sugarhill. If I remember correctly, the machine came with some sample seals and I think you should be able to get them from the company. I think the machine cost me about $200.

From what I could find looking online the liners are available separate. But there are caps that come with the induction liner as well but not in all sizes. The ones that fit my bottles are 31.5. Hard to find.
    I did contact dominion and grim and they don’t carry induction seal caps. But they said they would look into it for me.
    600 taps on vacuum
    Lapierre mechanical Releaser
    CDL electric releaser
    2.5 x 10 CDL Venturi ( new for the 2024 season )
    Home made modulating auto draw off
    Homemade RO 2 x 4" membranes
    CDL 16 x 16 bottler
    Wesfab 7" filter press
    Delaval 73 vacuum pumps

12 hives of bees

+ Reply to Thread