+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taps,Spouts,Spiles - Straighten me out pls

Default Taps,Spouts,Spiles - Straighten me out pls

Just when I think I have a plan for next year, I read some more and get all the info I've collected all Mumbo Jumbo up. With a hobby plan of using roughly 40 - 50 buckets on gravity ( 1 bucket with 1 tube). What kind of spouts should I be looking for ? Check valve ? straight ? angled ?

You will not need a check valve type spile for gravity buckets. Get one that works with your bucket. Yes there are a variety to choose from. Your doing great and you have months to work on it! I would recommend a 5/16 diameter spout made specifically for a bucket I think you will be the most happy with that.
    Regards,
    Chris
    Casbohm Maple and Honey
    625 roadside taps + Neighbors bring some sap too!
    3x10 King, WRU, AOF and AUF
    12" SIRO Filter Press.
    2015 Ford F250 PSD sap hauler
    One Golden named Maggie, Norwegian Forest Cat named Lucy
    Too many Cub Cadets
    Ford Jubilee and several Allis WD's, and IH tractors
    1932 Ford AAB ton and a half, dump truck

www.mapleandhoney.com

Thanks, those are the words I was looking for “specifically for bucket “. Just haven’t seen that.

Besides looking for a Manufacturer sale on all things Maple. I figured buying online was going to be my route. Had some trouble on the CDL site determining what was check valve and what wasn’t from the pictures. Signature Series 3, Smart Spout. The maxflow I believe are for vacuum. From other post CV2 ???
    Last edited by kvk; 05-03-2020 at 03:29 AM.

If you’re hanging your bucket on the spout use 5/16 metal tree saver spouts. If you’re setting your buckets on the ground use a 5/16 plastic tree saver spout and a section if flexible tubing. Different dealers call the tubing different names but the flexible tubing is easier to handle. It’s a Ford Chevy thing. Visit a couple of different dealers if you have any close to you, compare what is available, and choose what you like best. Having these supplies in your hand makes the decision easier.
    Last edited by Father & Son; 05-03-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    12 x 16 Sugarhouse, 12 x 16 Woodshed
    2 x 8 “The Mutt” Evaporator with Marcland Drawoff
    Leader oil fired arch, Dallaire raised flue, Smoky Lake syrup pan and hoods with pre-heater
    New Leader Clear Filter Press/Air Diaphragm Pump
    5” Hand Pump Filter Press from Daryl-One of the first three! On loan to a friend.
    Deer Run 250 gal/hr RO
    A Very Understanding Wife
    "At any time during the day you're only 10 seconds from disaster!"

Quote Originally Posted by kvk View Post
    Thanks, those are the words I was looking for “specifically for bucket “. Just haven’t seen that.

Besides looking for a Manufacturer sale on all things Maple. I figured buying online was going to be my route. Had some trouble on the CDL site determining what was check valve and what wasn’t from the pictures. Signature Series 3, Smart Spout. The maxflow I believe are for vacuum. From other post CV2 ???
    CV2, check valve spouts, are made by Leader not CDL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread