+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 2020 USDA maple syrup census

Default The 2020 USDA maple syrup census

I started to file the new USDA census for maple syrup. At a question I needed more info on, I saved it and exited. Now that I got that additional info I am having no luck finding that census online. Everything I submit brings me to either the US 2020 general census or USDA reports from previous years. It seems the gov. doesn't want to make it easy. I just tried for 20 minutes and gave up. I will try again later.
    Even with issues like this, I encourage every producer to complete their syrup census. The numbers gain in these are how each state gets funding for various maple related programs.
    For those who think BIG BROTHER just wants to see if you filed your income taxes showing the maple sales, you are greatly mistaken, the answers given on a census like this by law can not be seen by any other branch of the government, they can only get the totals by state or region, not by any individual or farm.
    Help your state, file your numbers.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

I don't believe the maple syrup survey is not an open census. I think they send out surveys to those people who have signed up, or that they have identified as producers. It comes through as a secure email (or a form in the mail). Once you complete it...it is (most likely) closed.

You could try emailing the NASS office in your state or region and asking them to resend the survey email.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

I got one in the mail. Near the top it offered an online method to file. I started it, but then had a question I needed to get the answer for at my sugarhouse. At that point I clicked on save on the form which I did, believing I could return later to finish it, now I can't get back to it.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread