+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pump for cream machine

Default Pump for cream machine

I'm in the process of building a gear pump cream machine. I'm hung up on what gear pump I can use. Oberdorfer makes a couple different bronze 1" pumps. OBN9000 and a N9000L. The only difference i can see between them is the obn9000 has no grease zerks and uses carbon graphite bearings. Whereas the N9000L has grease zerks and I can't find what type of bearing it uses,if any.

Woukd the carbon graphite bearings in the obn9000 bronze pump be safe for cream making? Thank you!

Oberdorfer makes an N9000L-11 pump that has two shear pins in it instead of the one. If you are looking to N9000's, thats probably an upgrade worth considering.
    A family of maple heads
    Father has over 15,000 taps
    Brother has 2,000 taps
    I'm just the help!!

The N series of pumps have lead in them. That would be a concern for me. You may want to look at the NL series, they are no lead.
    First introduced to making maple syrup in 1969
    Making syrup every year since 1979
    3 x 10 oil fired
    Revolution syrup and max flue pan
    Almost 1300 taps total with 900 on high vacuum
    Bought first Marcland drawoff in 1997, still going strong.

Not to hi-jack this thread, but I was also looking for a gear pump, but for just moving hot syrup. I knew the "NL" series was no-lead and figured I'd check e-bay for the heck of it. Of course, there are many listed. What is the difference between an NL3000L (or 4000) and an NL3000LK? The LK's are listed with "Kit" in their description.
    Usually, "kit" means it needs assembling. Is that the case with the e-bay units? Or is there something else different with them?
    Thanks.

Steve
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

+ Reply to Thread