+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDL Venturi Evaporators

Default CDL Venturi Evaporators

Just wondering if anyone boiled on one of these new CDL Venturi Evaporators units this past season. I am looking at a new 2x6 or 2x8 evaporator that has as low emissions as possible and yet has good performance. Any information of the unit would be wonderful. Ease of use, evaporation rates, loudness of fan, overall satisfaction... Thanks

they work well. i have several near me. efficient and with blower sucking instead of blowing its nice not having hot ash in your face
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

I can't tell you much about them yet, but mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. I was not able to find out much about them, but everything I have heard has been positive. Going to give it a shot.

CDL 2.5x10 Venturi.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic! Unit looks very nice. It would be great to hear how it work for next season.

We have a 2x8 on order since late summer. Hoping it gets here soon since we sold our 2x6!
    West Sumner Sugar House
    West Sumner, ME
    500 +/- Taps - 2 x 8 CDL Venturi - 3 Shurflo Solar Systems - MES Dolly 300
    https://www.facebook.com/WestSumnerSugarHouse

We finally got our Venturi. Very nice unit, well built. I will say that on the 2x6 and 2x8 a remote fan is not an option from CDL. We tested our fan for noise before even installing it and it was really loud. The fan is basically an electric turbo. So we had our stainless guy modify the fan mount box so we could mount the fan on the outside of the sugarhouse and run a pipe with a tri clamp fitting into the stack. This will allow us to disconnect the stack from the fan if we ever need to. I can get some pictures of it if needed.
    West Sumner Sugar House
    West Sumner, ME

Default Venturi Performance

Just wondering how peoples new Venturi evaporator performed? Evaporation rates? black smoke from stack? overall noise? overall rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Maple View Post
    Just wondering how peoples new Venturi evaporator performed? Evaporation rates? black smoke from stack? overall noise? overall rating?
    We really like our 2x8. I dont have numbers on rates but I would say somewhere in the 50/hour rate depending on if we were running the RO or not. Smoke wasnt black...well depends what we were burning. We had pretty much all pine this year so it was pretty dark. As I mentioned above the venturi fan is loud. It basically looks like an electric turbo and sounds like it too. We remote mounted ours outside which cured that. Overall its a really nice unit. Target stack temp is 750, we had a hard time reaching that without cracking the door a hair. Literally a 1/8 gap in the door was the difference from 700 to 800 degrees. We ran mostly around 800. Once you fill the firebox, it had no problem maintaining temperature for 10-15 min.
    West Sumner Sugar House
    West Sumner, ME

I wonder how much moving your blower affected the draft of your unit and lowered your combustion rate, there would be some pressure and volume loss going up the chimney creating the venturi effect.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelps Family Maple View Post
    I can't tell you much about them yet, but mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. I was not able to find out much about them, but everything I have heard has been positive. Going to give it a shot.

Attachment 21411
    Referring to the photo - From a structural perspective, it is interesting how the arch is so slender under the flue pan. Is there a missing set of legs to be installed under the CDL maple leaf? It looks like there is a receiver for a leg there.
    Ken
    Ken & Sherry
    Williston, VT
    16x34 Sugarhouse
    1,500 taps on high vacuum, Electric Releaser & CDL Sap Lifter
    Wood-Fired Leader 30"x10' Vortex Arch & Max Raised Flue with Rev Syrup Pan & CDL1200 RO
    https://www.facebook.com/pumpkinhillmaple/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast