+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ro build

Quote Originally Posted by bill m View Post
    I'm sure you could build one of this size but at what cost, I don't know. I bought my 600 GPH machine from H2O. When planning your build make a complete list of everything you need. If you start buying parts and pieces as you go you may find you are spending way more then you expected. One of the things I don't see included in some of the home made units is a wash tank, a way to protect it from to high of a temperature and a heater if you are not going to let the pump create the heat as it washes.
    whats the purpose of the wash tank.when i look at smaller units i see the option just wondering the purpose as they come with or without.i also wondering about the idea of adding a recirculating pump and what size pump required ,does it need to be more sized or less sized then the high pressure pump
    500 taps tubing.100 buckets.2x8 DG arch homemade ss flat pans.10x16 sap camp.DGfilter press,.2014 new D&G pans.2x5 7 " drop flu and 2 2x18" syrup pans .tap count should be + - 800 .

When you do a wash on the membrane you need to mix the soap with permeate to reach a ph level of about 11.5 Then that solution circulates through the membrane till it reaches about 104 degrees. You then drain the membrane and do a rinse with just permeate.
    First introduced to making maple syrup in 1969
    Making syrup every year since 1979
    3 x 10 oil fired
    Revolution syrup and max flue pan
    Almost 1300 taps total with 900 on high vacuum
    Bought first Marcland drawoff in 1997, still going strong.

Those who order an RO without a wash tank, use a suitable tank or bucket of their own.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12