+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cant believe this!!

Sorry havent been back on here. Yes its liquid manure spread way across the property line and and in some spots even onto the mainline. I was too mad to even talk about it. I got some bad neigbors.

I'd say your neighbors stink.

Maybe just a calm conversation with the farmer just reminding them that the fertilizer does him no good on your side of the line. Try your best not to get hyper about it.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

So now I am wondering, are there any benefits to manure in a sugar bush ?
    I have read studies about lime with a high percentage of calcium , any thoughts on the manure ?

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Depends on the soil fertility and nutrition level of the trees.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

I did get too hyper about it, so much that I didnt go talk to them and ignored it a few days. Now I'm going to go cut it all out and fix and and forget it. Same farmer and same field killed all my grandpas fish years ago with a misa application of chemical in the spring. I still think about that way too often. My grandpa would feed his fish twice a day and then instead of feeding them be would scoop out the dead ones. It went on until they were all dead. That is why I cant believe this happened!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12