+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power out again

Default Power out again

Not used to this after 20 years of off grid. I panic now each time. Think I'll call an Amish guy who installs them to get an idea of what we can do here. Neighbors are all getting generators. That's fine until thete's no gas. We have a smaller Generac. Had 2 big ones we left at the farm. At least those kids that bought our place are ok. Doing pretty good with learning to farm and make syrup. Put out my bird bath. Will start getting feeders down. Cut some daffodils for my 88 year old friend across the street and left them for her. My friend who lives next to her left me a palm in the basket I put on the porch. Everything going in there gets sprayed with disinfectant. Wearing a homemade mask when we have to go out. All you sewers out there, whip some up for friends, family and others. Good project for kids. If everyone stopped visiting each other and tried to stay home as much as possible we might have a chance to get through this. My own family and friends complain about others, but insist they will do what they want. We will be seeing everyone at a distance. Please make it a point to check on others. Maybe later this week we'll open up the Sunsetter awning and I'll set up the deck furniture. Nice days will be yard pick up. Ron put away all his syrup stuff. Blending our bit of syrup with some we bought from a farm we like. Hope everyone had a good season. Stay safe.oh yeah , all my fruit trees are doing good.
    Last edited by highlandcattle; 04-05-2020 at 01:28 PM.

We've been staying home too. We had a garden in our front yard the last 4-5 years and we have been eating select weed greens for salad, dandilion greens, curley dock, clover and some other edibles. Our youngest son who rents the other half of our duplex has been working from home for 4 weeks now, he eats 2 lunch and supper with us. Last week he commented after eating our large salad that it was better than lettuce. Right now, Joan has 2 loves of bread in the oven and biscuits for our choice, strawberry, raspberry or blueberry shortcake. We've been using the freezer down to make room for this season's crop.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread