+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Covid 19 increases syrup demand

My sales, have now slowed some, but are still above all previous years month to month. I still have good local sales at both my 1 retail outlet and out my door by appointment only. While Feb and March sales were over 2x my previous year's sales, it slowly fell to about 25% over previous years on a month by month comparison. I still think I'll have enough syrup to carry me to the 2021 season. If it had stayed at 2x previous years I'd have needed to buy bulk.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

We moved our scale for weighing blueberries for our u-pick operation outside. Set up a little table and large umbrella. Put pints and quarts on table and 4 out of 5 customers will buy syrup. Should sell out in 2 more weeks, crazy this year.
    5th generation
    2 1/2 Buckets
    815 gravity
    2 new flat pans. Back pan now has 16 V's
    Rebuilt the block arch 3x12
    Homemade pre-heater,steamhood
    MES Dolly RO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123