+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shurflo pushing uphill?

Update... I used a sight level to get a more accurate elevation figure. Looks like 24' of vertical rise. So, I hooked a 5/8" x 50' garden hose to the output side, and ran it up to the second story window of my house, from the basement level. 24' feet. I also installed a vacuum gauge on a "T" for the suction line. With my wife measuring output, the 4008 took 40 seconds to pump a gallon of water upstairs, while maintaining 12" of vacuum. I think I've got a little room to tweak since I'll be using a smaller id hose for the transfer up to the sugar house, and the input will be gravity fed downhill to the pump. I had planned to use my clamp on ammeter to check current draw, but naturally it was in my work van and unavailable.
    Currently building a controller now.

I just tried a 4008 pumping 500ft through 5/16, up 60 feet. Pumped 1/2 gpm and was threatening to overheat after 10gallons. Not sure if this is due to friction head in the small tubing, but if anyone finds this old thread wondering what the limits are....well it can't do that.
    25 years of maple tinkering in Hiram, Ohio. now in partnership with awesome neighbors... because that's what Hiram is all about!

80 taps on 3/16 gravity
    50 taps on buckets
    Great Circle 48v cart thingy, modified for EGO batteries
    Homemade 2x4 um...bent flue?... evap
    New to us 3'x6' homemade flat evap
    RO Bucket RB10
    Custom made 10, 15, and 16 year-old woods-monkeys, female version.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12