+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shuflo Working Well

Default Shuflo Working Well

All new 3/16 tubing this year with new 5/16 drops. We worked hard to set up a tight system, but there are a few small taphole leaks. Highest taps are about 50' above the pumps, but many are lower. On the flat section I use old 5/16 tubing and pick up a few trees along the way to the pump.

In this video, the output of the pump is directly pushing the sap up and over a road, and then to a storage tank 200' away through 5/16 tubing. No significant elevation difference between pump and tank. I run it this way most the time and only use the local storage tank when I expect a freeze up, since the transfer line sometimes freezes first and the pump can put out about 50psi and blow the fitting off.
    I leave the pump on 24/7 through the season, no temperature switches. Shurflo 4008 (12Vdc) powered directly from an old 12 battery charger on 120VAC

Still pulling about 25 Inches Hg and 14 gal/hour off about 70 taps. I have seen up to about 20/hour.

https://youtu.be/18RK7i22OBE
    Last edited by RileySugarbush; 03-26-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    John
    2x8 Smokylake drop flue with AOF/ AUF
    180 taps on sacks
    75 on 3/16 tubing with shurflo
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Those darned shurflo pumps are the best thing since sliced bread. I don't ever see 25" at my manifold, but I'll get 22" during a good run. Meant to plumb some recirculation lines this year, but it didn't happen. Maybe that would help. Even at 18-22" though, they do incredible. I have about 120 on one pump and the other day it was coming in faster than I could drink it. And I was trying my best to keep up!
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

+ Reply to Thread