+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vermont Governor's Stay Home Stay Safe Executive Order

I did not know that VT had stricter restrictions on what was allowed.

Honestly, I'm surprised by what is deemed essential here and what they are forcing to close. I personally have friends who are now unemployed from both their full and part time jobs (and are panicking, and rightfully so) but liquor stores can remain open! I can't get a haircut but the neighborhood drunk down the street is all set?? Not right and not fair if you ask me.

Steve
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket Head View Post
    I did not know that VT had stricter restrictions on what was allowed.

Honestly, I'm surprised by what is deemed essential here and what they are forcing to close. I personally have friends who are now unemployed from both their full and part time jobs (and are panicking, and rightfully so) but liquor stores can remain open! I can't get a haircut but the neighborhood drunk down the street is all set?? Not right and not fair if you ask me.

Steve
    I have to say that when MA imposed similar restrictions I was puzzled by it at first. After some thought, I decided the reasoning behind to be fairly obvious. People can get by without haircuts. However, if you’re asking people to stay at home for an indefinite period of time, and you want them to go along with it, at least let them have a drink at 5:00.
    60ish taps on buckets
    D&G Sportsman 18x63
    Turbo RB15 RO Bucket

I, too, thought that it was just an "unwritten" way to make people conform- keep them calm with booze. But I would hope most folks could get by without booze also during a national crisis.

What if the liquor store owner/employee(s) or a customer is infected? Kind of negates all the other precautionary measures everyone took.
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate

The reason liquor stores are essential is to prevent alcoholics from going into withdrawal and ending up in the hospital utilizing ventilators and other resources needed for other patients.

Randy

Toad Hill Maple Farm

http://ToadHillMaple.com/

3650 Taps on Vacuum for 2010 & still expanding
    56'x64' Timberframe Sugarhouse - New for 2011
    3x10 Leader Vortex w/ Max Flue Pan & SteamAway
    1000 gph Leader Springtech RO
    777 Acres in the Adirondack Mountains

States don't want to loose out on their Liquor tax revenue, it looks like better than 1/3 of Americans are going to get this virus. I guess if your going to be broke because of a recession you might as well be drunk and broke . Lol
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

Kind of reminds me of an old episode of "Cheers". An alcoholic/drunk priest was supposed to do a ceremony- so they tried sobering him up. But he was a happy drunk, and became ornery as he dried out. So Frazier says loudly, "Paging Dr. Daniels..., Dr. Jack Daniels!".

If folks need to be pickled to get through the virus protocol, so be it.

Steve

Steve, you also want to remember, in NYS the liquor stores also sell lots of lotto tickets, maybe that is why Cuomo deemed them necessary.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

most liquor stores around here are also groceries stores, gas stations or the like. booze brings in a lot of tax $ the Gov't is going to need !!
    Awfully thankful for an understanding wife!

“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    - Vincent “Vince” Lombardi

Good luck to all!

That's right- the government always gets "theirs"- even with a pandemic in progress.

It's just tough to watch some folks operate like nothing is happening, or like the liquor stores and some others where business has increased, but then you see a business, family or individual being financially ruined from this. So many will never recover from this tragedy.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12