+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: C-19 Virus and selling syrup.

I heard from a reliable source that Bascom and Butternut Mt are holding off buying bulk for now. Our main buyer runs a successful pancake house and sells to local supermarkets. We are concerned for him and his business, pancakes aren't really a take out food. His state allowing takeout only. Speaking of that, try to support your local restaurants if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson's Tree Farm View Post
    I was told yesterday by a buyer for Bascom that he will not be buying until the middle of May. Other negative is Canadian dollar is at 70 cents US.

It would be really nice if this site were full of more facts than myths. why did you not call bascom's yourself before you go spread a bunch of information that is not true. I called bascom's they have no plans on shutting down so again please keep the rumors off the site! Like I said everybody wants to be the first to know something.

Furthermore everybody knows how to do math we can all figure out how many gallons per tap we make. Well if you do the math with this coronavirus it's being blown way out of proportion very few people are dying from it it's the ones with the health issues that are being affected no difference than any other flu or pneumonia. It just coincides with the sensitive, gullible folks of today's time. I call these people modern morons because all they know is what they're told they can't figure out anything on their own.
    18x30 sugarshack
    5100 taps high vac
    3x10 inferno with steampan
    7'' wes fab filter press
    10'' cdl air filter press
    D&G 3 post reverse osmosis w/recirculation

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Glen View Post
    I heard from a reliable source that Bascom and Butternut Mt are holding off buying bulk for now. Our main buyer runs a successful pancake house and sells to local supermarkets. We are concerned for him and his business, pancakes aren't really a take out food. His state allowing takeout only. Speaking of that, try to support your local restaurants if you can.
    I guess your source isn't very reliable just spoke with Dave Bascom 5 minutes ago
    18x30 sugarshack
    5100 taps high vac
    7'' wes fab filter press

Quote Originally Posted by maple flats View Post
    The biggest issue with the Covid 19 is people like Blissville who think it is just being blown up for sensationalism by the media. They are wrong. It seems anyone who gets it transmits it to, as best that can be determined at this point, 2.2 to 2.5 others. This is a significant number. If it was just 2, it would soon have hit over 1000 people because it is exponential. Meaning that 1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 8, 8 becomes 16, 16 becomes 32, 32 becomes 64 and so forth.Those who refuse to practice social distancing are raising that number. Another issue is that a person who gets it is often asymptomatic (without symptoms) for a few days, but they can infect it with others while still being asymptomatic.
    This issue is real and I would be surprised if any bulk buyers are buying until this has been curbed to a degree. While the virus likes warm temperatures, it does not like over the boiling point of water, and even if someone who touched the drum had Covid 19, the virus will die in a few days on the SS barrel.
    Again people are getting it but they're not dying, it was Triple eee West Nile virus or something a little more serious that makes your brain swell and causes comas and seizures I could see the response but again it's a flu type cold!!! All rhetoric and propaganda. Again do the math folks do the math, stop listening to every media outlet out there and you'll clearly see.
    People have little immmunity to this new cold bit that just means it will spread more easily, not necessarily kill more. I think that's where people are stuck.
    I guess you all can do what you want but stop talking about it, I'm so sick of hearing the B's.....it's overblown everyone shut up about it and it would go away, it's really going to screw up our economy by Summers end.
    Last edited by blissville maples; 03-23-2020 at 07:34 AM.
    18x30 sugarshack
    5100 taps high vac
    7'' wes fab filter press

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson's Tree Farm View Post
    Sorry to upset you Bliss. I delivered a truckload of syrup to my buyer yesterday. Last year he purchased 20 tractor trailer loads for Bruce. He told me that Bruce wasn't buying until May. I regard that info as more than a rumor. I have no idea if Bruce is buying syrup delivered directly or not. I sell almost a trailer load of syrup each year, most of it to Bruce. I am not a rumor monger. Someone asked for info and I provided the best info I had.
    Maybe call bascom's yourself, I don't know what to tell you
    18x30 sugarshack
    5100 taps high vac
    7'' wes fab filter press

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Glen View Post
    Ok so I don't even sell to butternut farms but I just called them and they are not shutting the doors either. She said no no no she also said that it's unfortunate people are saying. 889-3491 call them yourself if you think I'm lying

Ya know I really don't know what is wrong with people these days but it's worse than covid. You all should start listening to Willie Clark on 105.3 country maybe he could drive it all home.
    Last edited by blissville maples; 03-23-2020 at 07:29 AM.
    18x30 sugarshack
    5100 taps high vac
    7'' wes fab filter press

Blissville, I find it richly ironic that you can simultaneously get upset about rumors spread by forum members while you spread bizarre and irrational conspiracy theories about the government and corona virus. Here's a quote in case you forgot.

"Germ warfare keeps coming to mind!! Implanted by a certain government. New way to go green- half the population half the pollution!! But it's not working that efficiently- haha"
    60ish taps on buckets
    D&G Sportsman 18x63
    Turbo RB15 RO Bucket

So the big question we all have is what did they tell you they are paying.

Quote Originally Posted by upsmapleman View Post
    So the big question we all have is what did they tell you they are paying.
    Not enough.

All joking aside I do Agree with Blissville on some Levels, I know I can't believe I just said that. Although maybe not the best delivery he argues some good points .

I do however worry about the elderly people and the immune compromised folks, like people with Cancer.

The biggest problem is we just dont know enough about it to make a rational Judgment Call about weather we can go on with our Normal lives or stay sequestered for a while.

These are not easy decisions, weighing people's lives today vs people's lives tomorrow, and the Fact that people dont trust the government on both sides , doesn't help things.

All that said everyone should be doing what the can to limit the spread of coronavirus until we have more answers.
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by blissville maples View Post
    It would be really nice if this site were full of more facts than myths. why did you not call bascom's yourself before you go spread a bunch of information that is not true. I called bascom's they have no plans on shutting down so again please keep the rumors off the site! Like I said everybody wants to be the first to know something.

Furthermore everybody knows how to do math we can all figure out how many gallons per tap we make. Well if you do the math with this coronavirus it's being blown way out of proportion very few people are dying from it it's the ones with the health issues that are being affected no difference than any other flu or pneumonia. It just coincides with the sensitive, gullible folks of today's time. I call these people modern morons because all they know is what they're told they can't figure out anything on their own.
    I do not sell directly to Bascom, I sell to his buyer. His buyer has said they will not be buying until mid May so I take him at his word. I do not have the option of trucking my syrup 500+ miles directly to Bascom so for me I can not sell my bulk syrup until mid May.
    You say this is overblown and say look at the statistics and then quote a 5% mortality rate. Do you know the infection rate? That will have a huge bearing on total fatalities. What happens when our hospitals are over run? Reliable estimates by the CDC for infection rates may eventually reach 50 to 75%. I hope to God that they don't but I'd rather err on the side of caution and be wrong.
    Perhaps it is only the old with pre existing conditions that will die. Well condemn me and Flats to death then. I'm seventy and had a heart attack while boiling last year and am thankful for the opportunity to continue. I'd rather not have my life shortened by people who suggest the risk is less than it may be!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast