+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No freeze overnight again

Default No freeze overnight again

Pump is running and I'll have enough to boil this afternoon. Then the forecast calls for a good freeze tonight which should help with the sugar % and turn the trees back on better.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Boy, I hope so. No freeze in 6 days here. Boiling today what I collected the past few days. Going to be a short session.

I agree, so far it has been my poorest season in 18 seasons, but the season has not ended yet. There is still hope until the peepers sing.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Flats, not sure about too many years past but here in VT we have had ideal conditions. When we get two warm days in a row with no freeze they run the whole time. We are looking at twenties tonight and low teens tomorrow night. Hopefully things turn around for you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mead Maple "It's for the kids..."
    Paul Cerminara
    2019 - First season ever
    -Goal: 3 gallons
    -Season Total: 7.5 gallons - pulled taps after running out of firewood and time
    Built 2'x8' Oil Fired with Thor drop flue pans
    -Goal: 20 gallons
    -Season Total: 55 gallons

I'm right between all of you (latitude) and if things don't turn around tomorrow/Monday, it will be my worst year ever. If they do turn around, and next week holds to predictions and the buds delay a bit, it could potentially be my best year ever. Up until last night, I thought I was done for the season...but I boiled today and made some really great Dark. Hoping the freezes the next few nights are just what I need! It's like a knife edge...
    2023: Award Winning Maple Syrup and Honey!
    2023: 200 Taps on 3/16" "natural vac"
    2022: 150 Taps on 3/16" "natural vac"
    2022: Lapierre Vision 2x6 with Preheater & Marcland Autodraw
    2022: Brand new post and beam sugar house
    2022: 4"x40" RO
    Kubota L4701, Kubota BX2380
    2 Black Rescue Dogs, 2 Livestock Guardian Dogs, Many Bee Hives, A Flock of Icelandic Chickens
    30 Acres of Wooded Bliss
    vikingmadeforge: Artist Blacksmithing & Bladesmithing
    https://blackdogbeesandmapletrees.com

+ Reply to Thread