+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clorox on Copper

Default Clorox on Copper

I searched already...
    Anyways, when I got my old copper finishing pan out and went to clean it up last week, I saw splotches all over the outer surfaces and immediately recognized that some disinfecting I was doing in the loft above it during the summer must have dripped down through the floor boards. I was using a fairly strong Clorox solution.

Questions:
    - Did this damage the copper? Or the strength of material?
    - What is/are the recommended way/s to remedy this?
    - Anything else I need be aware?

Nothing was on the interior surface of the pan.

Thanks in advance,
    - Tim
    "A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Tim, interesting question, I will follow along for answers too.
    Dave
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Hi Dave! Long time no talk/see, I hope everything is great with you and yours! Are you still doing all the sugar leases or have you scaled back?
    Nothing has changed here, the town is still - well, "the Town."
    "A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

I have cut back, only doing at the sugarhouse. The lease where you helped mark the boundary I sold to Mike Weaver, an Amish shed builder and maple farmer, the other lease is idol this year but the landowner says he retires the end of the year and he plans to tap those trees and sell the sap. I will likely get some and Mike Weaver may too. Mike's issue is that he only retails or sells to resellers maybe half of what he produces, the rest he sells bulk and that brings too little so he really doesn't want much if any more. I sell all I used to make, so I can use the extra.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

+ Reply to Thread