+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Northwest Ohio

Default Northwest Ohio

I'm checking to see who all is still going in NW Ohio? I moved my taps from the woods I tapped at the end of January to where they are now on 2/29. Looking at the forecast, there are a couple 30 degree nights for Friday and Saturday night. Accuweather shows a high of 44 and low of 28 for Sunday. I am gathering what I have today and boiling everything if I have enough to fire up. If I don't have enough to boil, I'll have to do what I drained out of the pan in the turkey fryer. I'll see what comes of this weekend. Either way, there's not many more freezing nights in the forecast.
    RC Maple

14X14 sugarhouse - new for 2012
    RO Bucket - RB10 - New for 2019
    2x3 barrel evaporator with continuous flow pan
    55 taps - most on buckets
    This is next year!

Still going here in Seneca county, pulled tanks and cleaned up for maybe last run this weekend. Sugar was still 2% Sunday. Trying to hit goal of 175 gal.

Default Finished in Vermilion

We pulled our taps on Monday Mar 9. We had a phenomenal year, surpassing our record last year, with the same number of taps. In just 3 weeks we collected the same sap total that took over 5 weeks last year. Our sap total this year: 18 gals per tap.

Good luck to everyone still going!
    2020 89 taps on buckets. 2 x 4, 3-channel, flat pan, evaporator

I am holding out for the weekend,hope we get another run.I finally got caught with the sap. I talked to your mother in law Sun. she said you was getting a lot of sap. I would like to talk to you about your ro sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeboy View Post
    I am holding out for the weekend,hope we get another run.I finally got caught with the sap. I talked to your mother in law Sun. she said you was getting a lot of sap. I would like to talk to you about your ro sometime.
    Send me a message or give me a call. Yes, we do have a new record for sap gallons and syrup produced in a year. Right now, I'm seeing 29 and 27 for a lows Saturday and Sunday night...we'll see what happens. If nothing, it's been a great year!
    RC Maple

This is next year!

I had to replace my lawn shed this fall. All of it's contents were scattered anywhere I could find cover for them. Many of the smaller items I ended up putting in the sugar house. I had been looking forward to cleaning it out for long time, Today was the day! Took almost everything out and shopvac'd all the cobwebs after sweeping it top to bottom, wiped down stands and table tops...I am feeling more ready to go now. Bring on the sap weather!
    RC Maple

This is next year!

+ Reply to Thread