+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting you 3/16 line flowing again

Default Getting you 3/16 line flowing again

I started early tapping my trees in southeast NY. some of my 3/16 passive vacuum lines will slow down or stop while the other are going full bore. When that happens, I might find loose dry taps at the top of the line or squirrel bites. After repairing bites or putting in a few new holes for the taps, I recharge the line. A cleaning tip I learned from this forum using a 1 1/2 gallon spray can and water, you remove the spray tip and replace with a two inch piece of 5/16 tubing glued on the sprayer exit. Placing the spout in the tubing literally blows out the air in the line and fills it with water which quickly restores the vacuum. It also blows out the clots and sawdust from late season lines that might slow or stop the flow. A full moving line makes it easier to find leaks or bites further down the line.
    If your 3/16 lines are slowing down, you might try this instead of giving up on the line.
    Last edited by gbeneke; 03-07-2020 at 08:31 PM.

If this is not new lines this season, you should be changing all tees and any connectors from last year, they tend to plug. If you successfully cleaneds the 3/16 after last season, you still need to change those fittings, if you didn't clean properly, even new ones may plug up.
    Dave Klish about 1320 taps in '15, doing fewer each year, about 450 planned for 2020 (and after?)
    2012 Mahindra 36 HP 4x4/ loader/cab/heat/AC:-)
    3x8 raised flue evaporator
    250 GPH converted to electric, RO by Ray Gingerich
    6.32 KW solar system, 1.48KW is battery backed up, all net metered
    http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/...anssugarhouse/

Flats,
    I seldom have plugged lines and change spouts every year and tees every 2 years. I rinse and dry line with peroxide and water at the end of the season and they are clean I started some of my lines very early and have had a few plugs. I posted this mostly to help 3/16 users get their lines going again quickly after bites and dry tap leaks. My greatest drop from bottom tap is 12 feet so it doesn’t take much to mess up the vacuum. Thank you for all of you comments on this forum, you are a good man!

+ Reply to Thread