Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Coronavirus and maple weekend...

Default Covid-19 Coronavirus and maple weekend...

So with it so up front in everyone's faces this isn't a debate or anything like that and don't want it to turn into that but if it does I will remove it.

Just want to get those participating in Maple weekend's insight.

As of right now we are planning to be open of course. As far as I know just one case in NH I don't really know about the surrounding states yet. I am assuming the numbers might be a little lower due to the Virus. might plan to have a little less inventory for value added items.

Thoughts?
    may your sap be at 3%
    Brad

www.willowcreeksugarhouse.com
    585 or so on Vacuum, about 35 on buckets/sap sacs
    Atlas Copco GVS 25A Rotary Vane vacuum pump
    MES horizontal electric releaser
    2x6 ss phaneuf Drop flue, Leader woodsaver blower, homemade hood
    300gph H2O RO
    husquvarna 562 XP
    Its Here!!! 2024 season is here get busy!!!

My radical opinion has been deleted by maple flats
    Last edited by maple flats; 03-09-2020 at 08:19 AM. Reason: not allowed in this forum now or ever
    18x30 sugarshack
    5100 taps high vac
    3x10 inferno with steampan
    7'' wes fab filter press
    10'' cdl air filter press
    D&G 3 post reverse osmosis w/recirculation

Quote Originally Posted by blissville maples View Post
    Ignore it like it's not even there!! I think we as people need to understand that the media really has to blow things up or they won't have the required attention from folks.

Unfortunately we as people tend to believe everything we hear and are easily persuaded for the simple reason of 'you don't know, and are easily drawed in to such teasing info'

Honestly it's a bunch of no nothing's nobodies overreacting. Just like the flu, I never get flu shot, i had flu this year- so what.....it happens welcome to living.... that won't make me go get a flu shot because they don't work anyhow, it's never a good match to the strain and your filling your body full of heavy metals they use for the preservatives. ***News flash folks** heavy metals never exit your body they are aquired over time your whole life, then when you get 60+ wonder why your having issue after issue!! It amazes me how unconcious people are these days. Anything to create a job and government revenue- every service and product sold creates revenue for our retarded government to waste and they absolutely LOVE IT!!! Go buy buy buy and feed into the rhetoric but some of us will never lose our concious

So going back to what you were asking no it shouldn't make a difference at all and if it does those are the people I wouldn't want to be around or even sell my syrup to anyway- unconcious idiots that don't deserve something as good as maple syrup and probably support the Democratic liberal social welfare agenda who vowed to remove our president from office....they should all be bannished from our country and or executed for 1. Blowing OUR money without OUR approval while not doing their real iob because they can and 2. Disobedience to our constitution and president.

That's my opinion....
    Wow, nice job man. Way to respect the OP's wishes.
    60ish taps on buckets
    D&G Sportsman 18x63
    Turbo RB15 RO Bucket

Keep your political views in blissville please. I enjoy this forum because it isnt political. Hopefully our moderators will sound in.
    Ken & Sherry
    Williston, VT
    16x34 Sugarhouse
    1,500 taps on high vacuum, Electric Releaser & CDL Sap Lifter
    Wood-Fired Leader 30"x10' Vortex Arch & Max Raised Flue with Rev Syrup Pan & CDL1200 RO
    https://www.facebook.com/pumpkinhillmaple/

I'm going to prepare for maple weekend like I would any other year. If people come they come if they don't it won't be the first time.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

My radical opinion has been deleted. This is not the forum for this sort of post.
    Last edited by maple flats; 03-09-2020 at 08:21 AM. Reason: not in keeping with the rules of this forum
    18x30 sugarshack
    5100 taps high vac
    3x10 inferno with steampan
    7'' wes fab filter press
    10'' cdl air filter press
    D&G 3 post reverse osmosis w/recirculation

Quote Originally Posted by blissville maples View Post
    Ignore it like it's not even there!! I think we as people need to understand that the media really has to blow things up or they won't have the required attention from folks.

Unfortunately we as people tend to believe everything we hear and are easily persuaded for the simple reason of 'you don't know, and are easily drawed in to such teasing info'

Honestly it's a bunch of no nothing's nobodies overreacting. Just like the flu, I never get flu shot, i had flu this year- so what.....it happens welcome to living.... that won't make me go get a flu shot because they don't work anyhow, it's never a good match to the strain and your filling your body full of heavy metals they use for the preservatives. ***News flash folks** heavy metals never exit your body they are aquired over time your whole life, then when you get 60+ wonder why your having issue after issue!! It amazes me how unconcious people are these days. Anything to create a job and government revenue- every service and product sold creates revenue for our retarded government to waste and they absolutely LOVE IT!!! Go buy buy buy and feed into the rhetoric but some of us will never lose our concious

So going back to what you were asking no it shouldn't make a difference at all and if it does those are the people I wouldn't want to be around or even sell my syrup to anyway- unconcious idiots that don't deserve something as good as maple syrup and probably support the Democratic liberal social welfare agenda who vowed to remove our president from office....they should all be bannished from our country and or executed for 1. Blowing OUR money without OUR approval while not doing their real iob because they can and 2. Disobedience to our constitution and president.

That's my opinion....
    Wow...Cabin fever or something?? Maybe time check your well water for contaminates.

Just wash your hands, a lot.

ANYWAY, back to the OPs question.

keep on boiling and inviting people to the sugar house! Maple is KING!
    2020 - 1st year - 14 taps 1 Gallon Jugs + 4x 5-Gallon Buckets + Propane Grill + lots of headaches
    2021 - 2nd year - 19 Taps (and some free sap from a friend in the same town!) 145 or so OZ
    2022 - 3rd year - 46 taps (3 at home, 2 at neighbors, 38 at friends, and 3 at work) added ROBucket RB10, and Silver Creek 18x34x6 Divided Maple Syrup Pan w/warming Pan+Valve+Thermometer 6 Gallons 6 OZ!
    2023 And we grow some more... Starting with OldPostMaple.com!

Bliss, a lot said in a short time. These post should be non political but dang it man, I agree completely with you, we could get together and hash over all kinds of crap. Back to the post, I also wouldn't give that virus a second thought as far as maple weekend is concerned.
    4x12 arch
    new custom flues
    New custom front pan
    600 buckets town trees
    1500 3/16 taps
    D&G filterpress
    16x32 3rdgen canner
    member NYMPA
    Director American Maple Museum
    Director NNYMP COOP
    Asst. Chief BFFD
    Retired(now working for free)
    2015 Mahindra 70hp

Thanks to those who answered what I asked. I am not paranoid I was just curious what others thought about the impact on maple weekend us all. I asked for the thread the be removed.
    may your sap be at 3%
    Brad

www.willowcreeksugarhouse.com
    585 or so on Vacuum, about 35 on buckets/sap sacs
    Atlas Copco GVS 25A Rotary Vane vacuum pump
    MES horizontal electric releaser
    2x6 ss phaneuf Drop flue, Leader woodsaver blower, homemade hood
    300gph H2O RO
    husquvarna 562 XP
    Its Here!!! 2024 season is here get busy!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast