+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ro pressure gauge placement

Default Ro pressure gauge placement

So I've got my ro running again, the question I had was does the placement of the pressure gauge matter? It is currently in between. The prefilter and membrane. Should it be in between both membranes? I ask because the pressure only goes up to 110 and wont go any higher(gauge goes up to 200) but in order to get 50/50 I have to keep closing the valve until its nearly all the way closed (I can hear the additional strain on the pump but the gauge doesn't move.) It is a aquatech 8800 pump with 2-400gpd membranes in series.
    2019- RO
    2018- 25 taps made 8 gal syrup.
    2017- 25 taps -built a 2x3 flat pan, and a fuel tank arch for it. 335 gal 7.34gal syrup.

2016- 15 taps, 4.3gal syrup boiling on cinderblock arch 3 roasting pans, 1 redneck trash can with a pot, and a turkey fryer.

2015- 4 taps 44 gals of sap made 2.25 gal of lite syrup.

The pressure gauge on mine for the high pressure is after the first membrane and in the top of the second membrane. The membranes are in series. The pressure gauge on my feed pump is after my pre-filter and before the high pressure pump.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

If the gage has a snubber it may be clogged and needs to be replaced.
    3,100 taps
    60 cfm flood
    HC2
    5 by 14 oil

Brian

+ Reply to Thread