+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Releaser problems

[QUOTE=WMF;381150]I drilled and tapped a 6-32 screw into the thick clear plastic bar that the bushings go through. Used a screw just long enough to pin bushing,
    do this at your own risk as these plastic parts are not easy to find quickly if you damage something.

I know what you're saying. Got replacement parts for it at LaPierre a couple years ago. Limited availability, and some parts not at all.
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

3000 on vacuum, 3hp 3ph Busch pump, 2567 Gast
    30X8 Leader oil-fired evap. w/ steamaway
    Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    In my opinion, the best solution for that Brenard releaser is to get rid of it and buy a Lapierere releaser. The mechanics of the Bernard are way too complicated compared to the Lapierre. I have 4 of the Lapierres and they operate year after year with no issues.
    I had 3 Bernard verticals my first year on vacuum and had continuous problems with all 3 of them. Got rid of them the second season and went to all Lapierre.
    Joe
    Coincidentally, this releaser has a LaPierre sticker on it, but is a bernard. Bought in 08 so maybe before they made their own?
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

If I go to a new LaPierre someday, is a double always the way to go, or are singles as, or more, reliable? Only 200 taps on system.
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

with only 200 taps, i'd say a single is fine. i have a single Lapierre... says it's good for up to 500 taps. i'm at 330 right now pulling 28-27" ... i am not going to put more than 400 on it... doesn't seem like it'll keep up.
    Awfully thankful for an understanding wife!

“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    - Vincent “Vince” Lombardi

Good luck to all!

Question regarding the maintenance of releasors, do you all keep them outside or take them in the off season. I am new to the vacuum and releasor idea. I have a roof built over my current ones but was thinking of setting them up with disconnects so I could take inside during off season. Just wondering what everyone else does. thanks Rick

My biggest releaser challenges are due to freezing and in one case seemed to have bent the float rod.
    Ken & Sherry
    Williston, VT
    16x34 Sugarhouse
    1,500 taps on high vacuum, Electric Releaser & CDL Sap Lifter
    Wood-Fired Leader 30"x10' Vortex Arch & Max Raised Flue with Rev Syrup Pan & CDL1200 RO
    https://www.facebook.com/pumpkinhillmaple/

Can I ask what kind of vacuum pump you are using. I am trying to use old dairy pumps but seem like I am missing something, I have 2 different bushes with 250-300 taps each. Can't seem to get any vacuum. They are pulling but nothing like what you guys are getting. Just curious and looking for help. Both sugar bushes have releasors. Thanks Rick

Deadhead the pump to the sure it is producing vacuum and if it is producing vacuum you have got leaks to find it can be difficult to find leaks with Little to no no vacuum. If you can isolate have the tabs with a valve that may help. Start close of the pump and work your way out. It can't be very frustrating starting a zero because like I said its hard to find a
    The leaks because a lot of times you won't necessarily here them with such low vacuum that's why I tried to isolate parts of the Sugarbush so I can check on of them at a time. With low vacuum is easier to find leaks on a hundred taps then it is 500 so by isolating if that's an option will help
    18x30 sugarshack
    5100 taps high vac
    3x10 inferno with steampan
    7'' wes fab filter press
    10'' cdl air filter press
    D&G 3 post reverse osmosis w/recirculation

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Quote Originally Posted by sapman View Post
    Coincidentally, this releaser has a LaPierre sticker on it, but is a bernard. Bought in 08 so maybe before they made their own?
    Lapierre carries both the Lapierre and Bernard brands of releasers.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12