+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY RO operation help

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    I have a different pump on order that I want to try, it is a self priming pump that is supposed to get up to 160 PSI.
    Curious, what pump is that? Make and model? Link to check it out?
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; shurflo vacuum #2; custom nat gas evap with auto-drawoff and tank level gas shut-off controller; homemade RO #1; homemade RO #2; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons
    2022: 35 gallons

Restrict output so that permeate and concentrate lines flow the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Smoky Lake Corsair 2X6, UFA, Steam hood 20'X32' sugar house,~350 taps on Vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmol View Post

There is a set screw on the pump end that will allow some adjustment. Read the instructions. I have mine about 3/4 the way down. This may give you the added boost to your pressure.
    Interesting, I'll have to see if mine has adjustment. It never occurred to me to read directions.

Quote Originally Posted by EriobNY View Post
    Restrict output so that permeate and concentrate lines flow the same.

I've got my concentrate like restricted to a fast drip, that is the only way I can get to 80 psi. If I open the flow up any more, I can only get to 4% or so.

I need help with my home made reverse osmosis, the port on the lower left of the first housing does not push water to the top of the second housing, nor does the left port on the second housing push water to the top of the third housing. Whether the needle valve is open or close the dial on the pressure gauge does not change. The motor is a residential grade reverse osmosis booster pump 200-300 gpd.IMG_0097.jpgIMG_0098.jpgfullsizeoutput_12d.jpg

Your lower ports in the membranes are reversed. Center is water the one in the right is concentrate.

Luck dog,

There is a 2mm Allen screw in your pump head. You can turn it in to increase the pressure.

Thank you, my other question then if it's reversed is, on my third housing the left port is 1/4" tubing where all other tubing is 3/8's. Does this make a difference or should all tubing be 3/8's?

Plumb the three center water ports in 3/8. Plumb the first two concentrate ports in 3/8 and terminate it to 1/4” with a needle valve.

I just checked the schematic of the RB20 on the RO bucket site and the concentrate line is on the left of the third housing with the needle valve, so I'm unsure how mine is reversed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast