+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Aquatec 88oo

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Middlebury In. U.S.
    Posts
    95

    Default Aquatec 88oo

    I have 6- 150 Gpd with a aquatec 8800 worked well a week ago then we h5 days of cold temps. I flushed the membranes and sealed till yesterday. I have sealed cabinet with a light bulb in it. Now can't get up to pressure. Any ideas would be helpful.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I'm very new to this, but did you flush out the entire rig before storage?
    I don't think these things like frozen water ANYwhere near them...Ice expands... you might have sprung a leak or lost a seal on the membrane gaskets?

    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by DapperTapper; 03-04-2020 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Spelling

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Middlebury In. U.S.
    Posts
    95

    Default r.o,

    I put new membranes in last night.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Haverhill, Ma
    Posts
    819

    Default

    I'm interested to see if that helps. I also have an 8800 and yesterday it took about 14 hours to process 75 gallons thru 4-150 GPD membranes. I seem to recall last year I was pumping at 125 psi but this year could only get to 100. Its my third season on these membranes. I have not yet done an acid wash, merely RO soaping and flushing after off season in preservative.
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO
    2017 - 49 taps on gravity, 6 on buckets.
    2016 - 19 taps on new 3/16 tubing, 24 on buckets
    2015 - 51 taps, 26 buckets
    2014 - 50 taps, 14 buckets, steel railroad toolbox converted into arch, new 2X3 continuous flow Phaneuf from Homestead Maple
    2013 - 33 taps, 12 buckets, steel railroad toolbox converted into arch, steam table pans
    2012 - 26 taps, 10 buckets, steel railroad toolbox converted into arch, steam table pans

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Middlebury In. U.S.
    Posts
    95

    Default R.O.

    I put new membranes in and it did't help. I think mine is a pump issue. Can't get any pressure.Looked for a diaphragm and with shipping was about 50.00 bucks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Murrysville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Test the pump and it ability to get up to pressure by bypassing the membranes. Just have pump --> pressure gauge --> needle valve.
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; custom nat gas evap with temp and level controllers; homemade RO; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Middlebury In. U.S.
    Posts
    95

    Default

    I did the test and went up to 150 but under pressure it won't.
    Last edited by wlatrout; 03-04-2020 at 10:14 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Murrysville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    178

    Default

    So the pump got up to pressure without the membranes? If so, now you should start adding one component back into the system at a time and repeat the pressure test until you find the issue. Could be bad seals, cracked housing, bad membrane, etc.
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; custom nat gas evap with temp and level controllers; homemade RO; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Middlebury In. U.S.
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Thanks I'll work on that today. Just read your article on the parallel and series setup. when I get the first problem solved I will look at possibility of converting. I have a 6-150 setup.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts