+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aquatec 88oo

Default Aquatec 88oo

I have 6- 150 Gpd with a aquatec 8800 worked well a week ago then we h5 days of cold temps. I flushed the membranes and sealed till yesterday. I have sealed cabinet with a light bulb in it. Now can't get up to pressure. Any ideas would be helpful.

I'm very new to this, but did you flush out the entire rig before storage?
    I don't think these things like frozen water ANYwhere near them...Ice expands... you might have sprung a leak or lost a seal on the membrane gaskets?

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by DapperTapper; 03-04-2020 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Spelling

Default r.o,

I put new membranes in last night.

I'm interested to see if that helps. I also have an 8800 and yesterday it took about 14 hours to process 75 gallons thru 4-150 GPD membranes. I seem to recall last year I was pumping at 125 psi but this year could only get to 100. Its my third season on these membranes. I have not yet done an acid wash, merely RO soaping and flushing after off season in preservative.
    2024 - New Maine resident, 12X12 sugar shack under construction
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO

Default R.O.

I put new membranes in and it did't help. I think mine is a pump issue. Can't get any pressure.Looked for a diaphragm and with shipping was about 50.00 bucks.

Test the pump and it ability to get up to pressure by bypassing the membranes. Just have pump --> pressure gauge --> needle valve.
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; shurflo vacuum #2; custom nat gas evap with auto-drawoff and tank level gas shut-off controller; homemade RO #1; homemade RO #2; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons
    2022: 35 gallons

I did the test and went up to 150 but under pressure it won't.
    Last edited by wlatrout; 03-04-2020 at 09:14 PM.

So the pump got up to pressure without the membranes? If so, now you should start adding one component back into the system at a time and repeat the pressure test until you find the issue. Could be bad seals, cracked housing, bad membrane, etc.
    D. Roseum
    www.roseummaple.com
    ~100 taps on 3/16 custom temp controlled vacuum; shurflo vacuum #2; custom nat gas evap with auto-drawoff and tank level gas shut-off controller; homemade RO #1; homemade RO #2; SL SS filter press
    2021: 27.1 gallons
    2022: 35 gallons

Thanks I'll work on that today. Just read your article on the parallel and series setup. when I get the first problem solved I will look at possibility of converting. I have a 6-150 setup.

+ Reply to Thread