+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help

Default Need help

I got a de Laval 73 awhile ago and finally got it hooked up today. It's not making any vacuum .what can cause this. I have taken it all apart and cleaned it. All the veins are floating free. I have a 3/4 hp driving it. Looking for info please.

Does it have enough oil in it to cause a seal. If the vanes are dry that may be the issue.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

You will need an oil reservoir (or better a reclaimer). In use, oil will drip into the bearings on each side, then get into the housing and coat the vanes lightly. Then as the pump pushes the air out, it has an oil mist pushed out too. That mist is usually sent to a reclaimer, caught and then sent back thru the bearings. In the reclaimer there is an oil level to be maintained.
    If you do not have a reclaimer, I have seen a simple jar used with oil in it, but I never studied the plumbing that way.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Got help today from the local de laval dealer. All these head aches from using 1/16 cork gasket. It was too thick.

+ Reply to Thread