+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Part for Deer Run (Ray G.) 125 Electric Upgradable RO

Default Part for Deer Run (Ray G.) 125 Electric Upgradable RO

We've gotten many years of flawless performance from our electric 125 upgradable RO, but today a part blew out. Not mad about it, stuff happens, especially in several year old stuff.
    Called Ray (yes its Sunday, I know) and someone answered and politely said maybe it would be better to call back tomorrow, which I will. No problem there, I get it, they're Amish.
    But if anybody knows where to get this part quickly, please post back. We're down til I get it fixed. We could boil raw sap, but we're used to the RO saving time and wood, and thats how we're set up.
    Here's the part that blew: KBI USA, spring check valve, 1/2 inch, pvcII, threaded on both ends, white in color.

For any who may have this model of RO, its near the bottom of the frame, on the side AWAY from the on/off switch, and it sits vertically, is about 3 inches long.

Btw, superglue don't work too good in this application, i tried...lol...
    thanks, Mark

Did you try places like Home Depot or Lowe’s? If it is just a regular check valve they should have something you can make work.
    Sugaring for 45+ years
    New Sugarhouse 14'x32'
    New to Me Algier 2'x8' wood fired evaporator
    2022 added a used RB25 RO Bucket
    250 mostly Sugar Maples, 15% Soft Maples. Currently,(110on 3/16" and 125 on Shurflo 4008 vacuum, 15 gravity), (16,000 before being disabled)
    1947 Farmall H and Wagon with gathering tank
    2012 Kubota with forks to move wood around

thanks for the reply-- I checked (went there) Tractor Supply and Lowes today, neither had it. Its threaded (female) on both ends, most I see online are socket (or smooth). Home Depot has it online but not at any store within 100 miles of me...lol..
    anyway, I'ma keep looking tonight. I might have to drive a ways to get something quick. Or order online and just suck it up and wait. We'll see. Won't be boiling tomorrow so I should be able to get the right fitting, or something to make it work. Ray G. may have a suggestion in the AM as well.
    Just an aside, my family does not understand or get my frustration with this!!!! Not boiling when the sap is flowing is a horrible waste to me. NROpart1.jpgRopart2.jpg

So buy the slip check valve and then buy 2 slipxfipt fittings and your done
    Fred Ahrens
    330-206-1606
    Richards Ohio Maple Equipment
    Ohio CDL sales rep
    LaPierre Dealer
    H&M maple fabricator Dealer
    Service Tech/repair for all brands and electronics

don't take life too serious, nobody gets out alive anyways!

thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna give that a try in the AM. Inexpensive too....if it works good I may not have much chance to be on here again for a bit, so thanks again.
    Mark

Got a part and got it fixed yesterday, so only missed one RO session really. Drove to Fergusons, and they had stuff, were helpful, and didn't cost an arm and a leg. It looked like they are set up for the plumbing trade, but it was a good experience for us.
    It leaked a bit on the test run, but was fine after just tightening up a bit. At least for me a good thing was re-getting to know pretty much all the parts of the RO again...,lol...
    RO'd for real today, worked fine.
    Mark

I had to replace the same valve as mine came through with a crack in it during shipping. Could not find the replacement part in any of the box stores but found a brass replacement in a locally owned plumbing supply store. Lesson learned.
    Leader 3x8 Patriot raised flue
    800 taps on vacuum
    100 buckets around the yard
    A lot of help to make it fun

+ Reply to Thread